This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Laporte has to be a question mark really. Early doors.

The thing is that everyone always reacts to the champions. Nobody stands still.

I’m not that familiar with Mendy but any player who has missed almost an entire season is also a question mark by definition.

We’ll see. I think you’ll win it but this still isn’t Spain or Germany. And City are just as vulnerable to poor form and injuries as anyone and everyone is parking the bus next season apart from probably Liverpool, Chelsea, and Spurs.

Even Arsenal are going to be circumspect I think.
    Laporte hasn't been here long but you'd struggle to pick fault in his performances. He's a perfect CB for us.

I doubt Kompany and Stones will be ready after the WC so it'll be him and Otamendi to start the season.

Mendy will take a while longer to get up to speed, no doubt. The 3-5-2 will come back into play now he's back though. Him and Walker flying down the wings is an intimidating prospect - with 3 footballers in the CB positions too. It's basically a much more dynamic version of the England back 5.

In the big European games/the odd prem game I think you'll see something like this:

......................................Ederson

..................Otamendi.......Stones..........L aporte

Walker...................KDB...............Fernand inho...............Mendy

......................................D.Silva

..........................Aguero..............G.Je sus

Every CB and every midfielder can split a defence with a pass, even the GK. Solid defensive unit and rapid in transition with KDB and the wingbacks.

Though if we played that system regularly we'd be light on strikers.

Everyone parked the bus against City last season, despite what flicker might say. Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal were the only ones who didn't. Unless Liverpool's new signings gel instantly or if we have an awful start/loads of injuries, I'd be surprised if anyone gets within 8/9 points of us.

Comment

• Gary Cahill to United. You having that lads?

Lol.

He’s building a Chelsea team that would have been good about 4 seasons ago up here.

Tbf, if Man U are the big dogs they need to be saying bang 200 mill for Hazard. See what happens. Not keep getting players that we don’t really want

Comment

• Pogba desperately wants out of Manchester

Cahill swap seems fair imho

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
          Laporte hasn't been here long but you'd struggle to pick fault in his performances. He's a perfect CB for us.

I doubt Kompany and Stones will be ready after the WC so it'll be him and Otamendi to start the season.

Mendy will take a while longer to get up to speed, no doubt. The 3-5-2 will come back into play now he's back though. Him and Walker flying down the wings is an intimidating prospect - with 3 footballers in the CB positions too. It's basically a much more dynamic version of the England back 5.

In the big European games/the odd prem game I think you'll see something like this:

......................................Ederson

..................Otamendi.......Stones..........L aporte

Walker...................KDB...............Fernand inho...............Mendy

......................................D.Silva

..........................Aguero..............G.Je sus

Every CB and every midfielder can split a defence with a pass, even the GK. Solid defensive unit and rapid in transition with KDB and the wingbacks.

Though if we played that system regularly we'd be light on strikers.

Everyone parked the bus against City last season, despite what flicker might say. Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal were the only ones who didn't. Unless Liverpool's new signings gel instantly or if we have an awful start/loads of injuries, I'd be surprised if anyone gets within 8/9 points of us.
          There is no way he plays Aguero AND Jesus together. You seemed to have missed out Sane who was absolutely PIVOTAL in City's run last year. Man was on FIRE for at least 80% of that season. He'll have Aguero there and Sane playing in the same position as last season. Sterling will be about too, he and Bernardo Silva will be getting a lot of minutes too. Sterling had a good season with City and he has a pathetic end product in general but he gets in the right positions usually, is fast and has a solid work rate. He also bailed out City a few times last season with some top goals. He will have a part to play just don't know if it will be playing game in game out but he'll keep the likes of Sane honest.

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Looking forward to Europa League tbh.

Some cracking potential away trips. Saw us play Sparta Prague in Prague the last time we were in it.

Hope we get a Cypriot team or Maltese champs or something. I’ll go.

Cheeky holiday and beat some overmatched shoemakers.

Chelsea are absymal if they don’t win that with completion with absolute ease. Don’t care who drops out of the CL.
          If they get Atletico in that cup like Arsenal did. Atletico will win. They are a top team, I don't see them there obviously again but it happened last season where I didn't really see it either.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
            There is no way he plays Aguero AND Jesus together. You seemed to have missed out Sane who was absolutely PIVOTAL in City's run last year. Man was on FIRE for at least 80% of that season. He'll have Aguero there and Sane playing in the same position as last season. Sterling will be about too, he and Bernardo Silva will be getting a lot of minutes too. Sterling had a good season with City and he has a pathetic end product in general but he gets in the right positions usually, is fast and has a solid work rate. He also bailed out City a few times last season with some top goals. He will have a part to play just don't know if it will be playing game in game out but he'll keep the likes of Sane honest.
            That system I mentioned is what we were playing for the first few games last season before Mendy got injured. Aguero and Jesus started a few games together in the early stages, most notably the 5-0 win vs Liverpool.

I'm not saying that's how we'll set up all the time but I think you'll start to see it more often now that Mendy is back in the fold.

Obviously Sane/Sterling/Bernardo will still play loads of games too.

Comment

• I am looking forward to the back end of 3-4-3 which was basically 5-4-1 without the ball.

It worked for us but 5 at the back shouldn’t be played by any team but Huddersfield or Cardiff ffs.

It also makes it really hard to play out of defence. Which inexplicably Chelsea tried to do at every opportunity. There was nobody to step properly into midfield apart from Azpi or to pick the ball up of defenders and find players like Hazard higher up the pitch.

There are lots of things Sarri and Zola can try tbh.

Comment

• Any of you footie hipsters got an opinion the young Milan goalie?

Looks like Chelsea will likely go for him. He sounds like a bit of bellend like Teeeboooo. Shaking his boyhood club down for money.

What is wrong with keepers? Are they all pricks or what.

Apart from Jordan Pickford he’s another one from that England squad that is adorable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  Any of you footie hipsters got an opinion the young Milan goalie?

Looks like Chelsea will likely go for him. He sounds like a bit of bellend like Teeeboooo. Shaking his boyhood club down for money.

What is wrong with keepers? Are they all pricks or what.

Apart from Jordan Pickford he’s another one from that England squad that is adorable.
                  Second coming of Schmeichel and i don't mean Kasper. To be fair to him, he's just 19 and his satanlike agent Mino Raiola been telling him to leave Milan.

I'll gladly take Pogba with Cahill and Willian going the opposite. Pogba don't have to worry bout defending as he has Kante and Jorginho behind him. He just have to put every header in the box into the back of the net and he can he another Zidane.

Comment

• Donnarumma was billed as the next Buffon despite being still very young I've never seen this great promise. Alright shot stopper but his handling, distribution are terrible. His judgement is bad - none stop comes to claim the ball only to miss it by a mile.
                    His positioning sucks he's one of those shotstopper types that'll make a routine 25 yard effort look a great save from time to time purely because his positioning sucks.

He's basically the next Joe Hart.

He'll flop in the Prem.

Comment

• YouTube Donnarumma fail or something similar.
                      Have you ever seen any GK make that many howlers before? That's even with Bonucci and the likes in front of him. He sucks!

Comment

Working...
                      X