Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shogun VS Hendo 2. GFOAT! Coming soon!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rematch was epic,,, crazy ending.... I love to watch both guys....

Comment

Henderson needs to retire now... last fight were he was granted permission for PEDs he is a true UFC great but his time is over his next fight will be a knockout loss

Comment

Poor Shogun, had that fight in his hand but goddamn, Hendo's power will never leave that right hand, even when he's 60 years old. It sucks though because this fight wont really do anything for either of them. They are both on a steady decline and if either one of them chose to retire now, I would completely support it. Although I honestly see Shogun retiring before Hendo. Still, some of the greatest fighters ever in MMA.

Comment

Yeah good point. Didn't someone here say they should just walk off together and retire after this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by whytetittie View Post
            Just stop what BTW? Are you saying those shots didnt hit the back of the head? Because if you are you're trolling. If you're saying it doesn't matter. You're right the rules don't matter in mma. This will happen again, and someone will die. Then everyone will care about back of the head shots.
            LOL you're a melodramatic imbecile. Nobody dies from a few hammerfists to to the back of the head. You're an emotional, unstable mess. The only thing that died was your sanity, although with as much Shogun nuthugging you do I don't think you ever had any you pathetic little cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
              LOL you're a melodramatic imbecile. Nobody dies from a few hammerfists to to the back of the head. You're an emotional, unstable mess. The only thing that died was your sanity, although with as much Shogun nuthugging you do I don't think you ever had any you pathetic little cretin.
              Someone will die, Someone JUST died from elbows. The fact that you think it's okay that mma doesnt enforce it's own rules just shows you what kind of "fans" mma has.

A mixed martial artist died Wednesday from injuries sustained during a fight last Thursday in Johannesburg, South Africa.

Booto Guylain, a 29-year-old middleweight fighter for Extreme Fighting Championship Africa, was pronounced dead after suffering a severe head injury during a knockout loss to Keron Davies, MMAFighting.com reports. EFC Africa confirmed the tragic news in a statement posted to its website.

***8220;We are devastated,***8221; EFC Africa President Cairo Howarth said. ***8220;This is a huge loss to the sport and to all who know him. Our thoughts are with his family in this trying time.***8221;

Guylain sustained the head injury during the third round of his fight against Davies, Bleacher Report notes. One of Davies***8217; elbows reportedly connected with Guylain***8217;s head, knocking him unconscious and forcing medical officials to take him to a local hospital.

But go on rambling about nut huggers and other nonsense. Please link to ONE post of me nuthugging Shogun.

Please tell us more doctor about how back of the head shots are fine. Oh also tell us why is it a rule in the first place doctor. Are you really a doctor or just like making things up and posting them as fact?

A clear rule was broken. Someone just died in mma from legal elbows, and all you want to talk about is someone nuthugging a fighter. If expecting clear rules to enforced to protect the lives of a fighter is considered nuthugging I want nothing to you with you idiotic "just bleed" mma fans. Go post on sherdog.
              Last edited by ( . Y . ); 03-24-2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Pro MMA fighter Booto Guylain dies after getting elbowed in head during bout in South Africa
                The 29-year-old cage fighter sustained the injury, which caused bleeding and swelling in his brain, during a Feb. 27 fight against Keron Davies at the Extreme Fighting Championship Africa championships in Johannesburg.
                BY Lee Moran
                NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
                Thursday, March 6, 2014, 10:45 AM

A
                A
                A

Share this URL

Booto Guylain, 29, the veteran of two MMA bouts in the EFC AFRICA Hexagon, passed away due to injuries sustained in his bout on February 27. Facebook

Cage fighter Booto Guylain, 29, passed away due to injuries sustained in a bout on Feb. 27.

A South African cage fighter has died almost a week after getting elbowed in the head during a brutal bout.

Booto Guylain, 29, was declared dead Wednesday six days after his Feb. 27 clash with Keron Davies at the Extreme Fighting Championship Africa championships in Johannesburg.

The professional MMA middleweight, who had a 0-2 record, sustained the injury during the third round in a TKO loss to his fellow South African.

Taken to hospital for emergency treatment straight away, the bleeding and swelling on his brain was too serious and he was unable to pull through, reports EFC Africa.
                Booto Guylain, 29, the veteran of two MMA bouts in the EFC AFRICA Hexagon, passed away due to injuries sustained in his bout on February 27. Facebook

The MMA middleweight was the veteran of two MMA bouts in the EFC Africa Hexagon.

"We are devastated," the organization's president Cairo Howarth said.

"This is a huge loss to the sport and to all who know him. Our thoughts are with his family in this trying time," he added.

Guylain, from Cape Town, had lost both of his professional bouts by TKO, according to Bleacher Report.

Guylain was rushed to hospital for emergency treatment, but the injuries to his brain were too severe.

He is the second pro MMA fighter to die in the last six months, with Brazilian Leandro Souza passing in Sept. due to organ stress suffered during his pre-fight weight cut.

And he is the third fighter to die directly from injuries suffered during a bout.

Michael Kirkham, 30, and Sam Vasquez, 35, passed from cerebral hemorrhages in 2010 and 2007.

Related Stories
                Ultimate Fighters lobby to legalizing mixed martial arts
                MMA fighter fends off four attackers, killing one: police
                GRAPHIC: UFC fighter Anderson Silva suffers gruesome leg injury

Comment

I don't really understand why someone who seems to hate MMA and it's fans continues to post in this sub forum dedicated to it. Regardless in sports like this just as boxing guys sometimes die. I believe because of the fact usually in fights guys take more head on shots then the back of the head it doesn't increase the chance of a guy dying from back of the head shots in an mma fight. At the end of the day nobody wants to see anybody die but it is the nature of the beast in these type of sports. The percentages are still super low when you consider the vast amount of fights and organizations compared with the number of deaths. MMA as a sport 20 years in, the thousands of fights that have occurred why has this not yet happened if it's such a huge risk?

Comment

RIP Michael Kirkham and Sam Vasquez I must be nut hugging those guys too. What a pathetic and idiotic thing to say. Back of the head shots are the most dangerous shots in combat sports history. That is why they are BANNED. But I guess expecting rules to be enforced and fighters safety to be number 1 is nut hugging according to "just bleed" fans. Makes me sick to my stomach reading your posts. Seriously go back to sherdog.

Comment

Originally posted by ScrewasideMMA View Post
                      I don't really understand why someone who seems to hate MMA and it's fans continues to post in this sub forum dedicated to it. Regardless in sports like this just as boxing guys sometimes die. I believe because of the fact usually in fights guys take more head on shots then the back of the head it doesn't increase the chance of a guy dying from back of the head shots in an mma fight. At the end of the day nobody wants to see anybody die but it is the nature of the beast in these type of sports. The percentages are still super low when you consider the vast amount of fights and organizations compared with the number of deaths. MMA as a sport 20 years in, the thousands of fights that have occurred why has this not yet happened if it's such a huge risk?
                      Wait do I hate MMA or nut hug Shogun? I'm confused. You guys need to come to a common understanding. But you're right most MMA fans in general are horrible. Just ask any mma fan. The worst part of mma is the fans.
                      Last edited by ( . Y . ); 03-24-2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X