Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whyte vs Breazeale possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be a fun slugfest, but Whyte is quicker and has more skill and would stop Breazeale at some point imo

Comment

In an ideal world, breazy rematches Izu and Beetlejuice rematches Parker but i like it,i like it alot, both are crap but have good chins!

Comment

Two top 10 contenders fighting each other sounds good. I'll pick Whyte by KO. To me Whyte is right behind AJ, Fury and Wilder as number 4 in the world.

Comment

I don't see it happening. I think Whyte is on the shortlist for Joshua even he somehow gets bypassed for April & I think Breazeale is on the shortlist for Wilder.

Doesn't really make much sense for either to take that fight for the money it'd likely be worth. I mean its no huge fight or anything. It'd be all risk to lose your title fight payday for lil upside

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I don't see it happening. I think Whyte is on the shortlist for Joshua even he somehow gets bypassed for April & I think Breazeale is on the shortlist for Wilder.

Doesn't really make much sense for either to take that fight for the money it'd likely be worth. I mean its no huge fight or anything. It'd be all risk to lose your title fight payday for lil upside
            In fairness Breazeale has also talked about wanting a rematch with Joshua and Whyte has talked about wanting to face Wilder.

They've both mentioned that they're willing to risk their positions against each other and a win for Breazeale gets him closer to fighting Joshua, whereas a win for Whyte gets him closer to fighting Wilder.

I personally would love for this fight to happen.

Wilder v Fury II
            Joshua v Miller
            Whyte v Breazeale

^ That would be a fantastic collection of heavyweight fights.

Comment

I don’t see this fight happening at all.

And is there a Breazele fight that I missed that has everyone so high on him? Every time I’ve seen him he’s had awful form, awful defense, and he eats counters all night.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Well, he's ranked #1 in the WBO so if he isn't the mandatory yet, he soon will be.
                Being ranked #1 isn't how you become mandatory. You become mandatory by winning a final eliminator.

Arum is demanding that Whyte be ordered to face Jennings to become WBO mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  He just did against Povetkin
                  No he didn't. The WBO announced prior to that fight that povetkin did not satisfy their mandatory and that they will have a mandatory challenger after .

Povetkin only settled Joshua's WBA mandatory requirements

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    Being ranked #1 isn't how you become mandatory. You become mandatory by winning a final eliminator.

Arum is demanding that Whyte be ordered to face Jennings to become WBO mandatory.
                    Jennings is likely going to fall down the rankings now. Who else does Arum have at HW? I know Ruiz Jr just left for PBC

Isn’t it just Jennings and Parker now?
                    Last edited by _Rexy_; 01-19-2019, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Good fight for both men. Should clean up the "Mandatory/Silver champion/1st, 2nd, 3rd Eliminator" shenanigans once and for all.

Comment

Working...
                      X