No announcement yet.

David Price vs Oliver McCall next???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Price vs Oliver McCall next???

Would this fight make sense for Price next??? here are my reasons why i think somebody like Oliver McCall would be a great comeback opponent for David Price.

* McCall's chin is still rock solid - Price will be forced to go the full 10 rounds here where his stamina will be tested. Mentally doing the 10 rounds should do him wonders after gassing after 3 vs Thomson.

*Price will have 10 rounds to work on his technique eg: keeping an aggressive guy away with his jab and being able to move around the ring against a slower opponent.

*McCall still has a "name" if he comes to the UK, the history with Lennox Lewis will also help sell the fight.

*McCall is still dangerous at 48, there is no point getting guys who will last 2-3 Rounds vs Price, McCall will be in the fight until the last bell.

If McCall is not the guy then Price needs to fight durable guys, as i have already mentioned, there is no point in Price blasting somebody out. He needs to work on the things that let him down so badly vs Thompson - Stamina, his jab and his movement. McCall gives him this for 10 rounds and is at 48 a live opponent.

Would you bet against McCall to land a big shot after the Thompson-Price 2 fight???? i certainly wouldnt. Lewis also knows a lot about McCall, what better man to train him for the fight???

Thoughts please on the above, AND if no McCall, who should Price fight and why??

cheers

One of the worst possible opponents if you are Price's handlers.

"Ok, our guy gasses after 4 rounds so lets put him in against someone who never gets hurt or knocked out!"
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 07-09-2013, 06:11 AM.

Comment

So Price only fights bums then who have bad stamina. McCall is slow, hasnt got a high workrate and will be looking for the 1 big punch

Surely Price beats him, goes the 10 rounds where mentally its massive for him. There is no point building up his confidence fighting guys who will only go 2-3 rounds.

MAKE OR BREAK....McCall is perfect as he will give the 10 rounds. Another name being mentioned on another forum is Holyfield, old , durable but with a good jab and still decent workrate....Holyfield could win.

Comment

terrible fight for Price now, McCall still carries the power.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          terrible fight for Price now, McCall still carries the power.
          Why not fight the new McCall in Guillermo Jones, who probably wants to move up anyway?

Neither guy would fold anyhow, and Price would further devalue himself.

maybe he can lure Monte Barrett into a fight, or Shannon Briggs!

Comment

The best opponent for Price would be someone like Scott Belshaw

Comment

He should rematch Audley. He's never going to fight above domestic level anyway. I just wish Chisora was the one to chop him down.

Comment

i agree with you on that one mate. Chisora would half kill Price.

Comment

Oliver McCall needs to give it up already.

Comment

*it would be funny as hel to see the look on lennoxs' face when mccall takes price out

Comment

Working...
                    X