Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael B Jordan to lead Scarface remake.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Michael B Jordan to lead Scarface remake.

Universal Pictures Has Found A Director For Its ‘Scarface’ Reboot
    by christina@theshaderoom.comMay 14th, 2020Shares307

Universal Pictures is rebooting "Scarface" with a new director and writers. The new film will be set in Los Angeles.
    You know that “Scarface” with Al Pacino we all know and love, well Universal Pictures wants to go ahead and make a new one.

Universal Pictures has selected Luca Guadagnino to direct a reboot of “Scarface” with the famous Coen brothers penning the latest version of the script, according to Variety.

Now, there were rumors swirling on Twitter today that everyone’s bae Michael B. Jordan was in talks to play the new Scarface but there was no confirmation of that actually being true. And Michael hasn’t said anything about the rumors either,

So far, it seems Universal has its director and writers set to adapt the story, which has actually been done a number of times but its most recent 1983 classic starring Al Pacino and Michelle Pfeiffer is probably the most famous.

The new pic is a reimagining of the core immigrant story told in both the 1932 and 1983 films. It will be set in Los Angeles.

“Scarface” will be produced by Dylan Clark for his Dylan Clark Productions. Scott Stuber will executive produce alongside Marco Marabito.

Guadagnino most recently directed a remake of “Suspiria” for Amazon Studios, which starred Dakota Johnson, Tilda Swinton and Chloe Moretz. Prior to that, he directed the Academy Award-winning drama “Call Me by Your Name,” which also earned him an Oscar nomination.

He is currently on post-production on his HBO limited series “We Are Who We Are,” which stars Alice Braga and Kid Cudi. Guadagnino is also developing a remake of “Lord of the Flies” for Warner Bros.

Roommates, who do you have in mind to star in the “Scarface” remake? Whomever they choose, it’s clear they have big shoes to fill from the last version of the film.

TSR STAFF: Christina C! @cdelafres
    People, is this good or bad?
    I can see a lot of backlash around this one.

Personally, I would have rather see a young latino take the role.

Originally posted by megas30 View Post

It's bad but Scarface was a pretty cheesy b movie version of The Godfather anyway.....

Comment

Is Michael B. Jordan gonna have a Cuban accent?

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
        It's bad but Scarface was a pretty cheesy b movie version of The Godfather anyway.....
        What? Lol

Scarface was a classic and highly entertaining film with great characters and replay value, which contained scenes and messages that still apply to today. Awesome film.

PLEASE THE FOOK NOT!

Michael B. Jordan is a terrible actor and corny af.

I feel Hollywood is trying to push him as this new age “will smith” but the dude just doesn’t have it. He comes across as a Nick Cannon type.
        His movies suck due to his acting.

Comment

The original Scarface movie was actually back in the 1930s. E.G. Robinson. It was inspired by Al Capone.

Comment

Jordan is good but I don’t see it.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post

Excuse me sir, Latino is a culture, not a race/ethnicity.

Probably not the first one to say this.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                The original Scarface movie was actually back in the 1930s. E.G. Robinson. It was inspired by Al Capone.
                Yeah seen that one too.

Comment

God no. Please don't. The first was cheesy but Scarface had an iconic acting job.

This would end up crap, I guarantee it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    No, it was a remake of the old one. The old one was pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                    X