No announcement yet.

In between 141 and 152 sucks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In between 141 and 152 sucks

For me, I feel like I'm too heavy to cut to 141. I can't remember the last time I weighed 141. I think it's too much to cut and maintain.

I also feel like I'm too small for 152. I would have to bulk up a little bit and would face bigger, stronger guys.

I think 147 would be a perfect weight. I feel my strongest at that weight. They got rid of that weight class last year. Why couldn't they keep that weight? Even 145 I think would be doable, but I don't like the 11 pounds of no mans land in between 141 and 152.
    Last edited by b Murphington; 02-20-2018, 02:53 PM.

Originally posted by b morph View Post
    For me, I feel like I'm too heavy to cut to 141. I can't remember the last time I weighed 141. I think it's too much to cut and maintain.

I also feel like I'm too small for 152. I would have to bulk up a little bit and would face bigger, stronger guys.

I think 147 would be a perfect weight. I feel my strongest at that weight. They got rid of that weight class last year. Why couldn't they keep that weight? Even 145 I think would be doable, but I don't like the 11 pounds of no mans land in between 141 and 152.
    I fought at 147 for awhile. I moved up to 154 to fight a guy at the Palace of Auburn hills. You should be fine fighting at 152. The next bout that I had was at 142 contract weight. I killed myself making the weight in just 4 weeks, but I made it. The only thing is that I got sick for the fight, still went through with it though. Funny thing here is USA boxing doesn't allow a fight if the boxers weights are over 10lb difference.....Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 02-20-2018, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      I fought at 147 for awhile. I moved up to 154 to fight a guy at the Palace of Auburn hills. You should be fine fighting at 152. The next bout that I had was at 142 contract weight. I killed myself making the weight in just 4 weeks, but I made it. The only thing is that I got sick for the fight, still went through with it though. Funny thing here is USA boxing doesn't allow a fight if the boxers weights are over 10lb difference.....Rockin'
      Yeah I was told I should be fine because it's senior novice. They said if I maintain pressure then I should be fine.

My impression is that novice, or senior novice is more about who has better conditioning than it does skill.

Comment

Yeah I was told I should be fine because it's senior novice. They said if I maintain pressure then I should be fine.

My impression is that novice, or senior novice is more about who has better conditioning than it does skill.
        Good conditioning is great, but don't discount the skill factor. it's best to step up and fight with both attributes, skill and conditioning. Just go out there and fight YOUR fight. Let us know what happens......Rockin'

Comment

Threads like this really get me wanting to compete. What Ray Corso recommends is to get in the best possible condition and whatever weight that is is your fighting weight. Sounds like fantastic advice imo.

Comment

What are you walking around at?

Comment

Stop eating crap.

Google: "ray cronise"

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                ^^^^^ this right here.

Comment

LoL, I'm 178 cm (6 fit fot idk) and I weight 150 walking around. Coach says I can't make superlight bcz it costs me energy and strenght. And feel like middles are too strong for me.

Comment

You could probably cut down to 141lb easily unless you're extremely lean to begin with. I would just eat a little less until you're down to 141 and see if you don't feel good at that weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X