No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Manager Erupts at Hearn, Joshua Over "Scam" Job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    It doesn't matter because he is a champion. He's the WBC champion and an American champion at that. Which means if the two were to ever agree to fight, then the event would be huge; Especially if it's hosted in Las Vegas because when Americans fight the whole world takes notice.

Other than Floyd Mayweather and Mike Tyson nobody in the world gives a ***** about watching US boxers. The biggest stars in the American market tend to be Mexicans.

Wilder ain't bringing interest from Alabama let alone the whole world. What you smoking?

Comment

Wrong! The only ones who are preventing the fight from getting confirmed by April 2019 is Anthony Joshua himself. What if he gets slept by Povetkin, then what?

In addition, to Wilder becoming irrelevant in boxing history? No, he is American. He will always be relevant. The only one who is running the risk of being irrelevant is Anthony Joshua if he is not willing to bend and agree to some of Wilder's terms.

The reason being is because he needs a broader audience. His popularity is only regional. While he is very popular in U.K. However in other parts of the world; Lets say America for instance, he is a virtual unknown.

If he doesn't get more American exposure he would go down in boxing history as irrelevant just like undefeated champions Sven Ottke and Joe Calzaghe are. No one outside of Europe has ever heard of them.
      bro, you know, if you don't have a point, you don't really have to respond. you know that, right? let's make this a thread/forum full of sound discussion.

it's ok to admit that wilder has to make some type of an official move here regarding the april fight. it really doesn't make him look bad or anything of the sort. on the contrary, it makes him look professional.

you saying the april 2019 fight is still being held back by anthony joshua is frankly quite stupid. he has sent wilder a contract. wilder can just as well officially respond with the povetkin fight concerns, and with a statement that he will revisit negotiations after that fight. that's okay to say too. just make it official instead of spouting off about all over social media. last i checked, wilder also has a fight coming up. so there's concerns there as well, which AJ and his team are fully aware of. but they want the fight anyway, as should wilder and his team.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
        I think it would make sense to revisit these negotiations after both men fight their next fights. wilder rejected this offer when he found out it wasn't next. locking yourself into a future fight with upcoming fights for both men is really stupid as anything can happen. after they both fight their fights hearn should offer wilder 35% and negotiate to 40% that's fair, no flat fees and no 50/50. they are both champs and the fight will be huge by 04/2019
        if you want to make that argument, that's actually fine. i don't think you are correct in saying that, because i think people will pay to see wilder vs joshua, belts or no belts.

but its a fair argument. but wilder can just as easily say that officially in a response or counter offer to the contract given by AJ, no?

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          Other than Floyd Mayweather and Mike Tyson nobody in the world gives a ***** about watching US boxers. The biggest stars in the American market tend to be Mexicans.

Wilder ain't bringing interest from Alabama let alone the whole world. What you smoking?
          So the world never gave a ***** about Roy Jones Jr.? Pernell Whitaker? Sugar Ray Leonard? or Bernard Hopkins? how many American boxers are in the Hall of Fame compared to British boxers idiot?smh

Comment

Wilder is the real deal. Hearn and Joshua have realized that the fans who fill up the stadiums and pay for his fights don't really care if he fights the best: they just want to see a good show. And a Wilder-Joshua show would be devastating at this point...

Comment

Originally posted by that g View Post
              bro, you know, if you don't have a point, you don't really have to respond. you know that, right? let's make this a thread/forum full of sound discussion.

it's ok to admit that wilder has to make some type of an official move here regarding the april fight. it really doesn't make him look bad or anything of the sort. on the contrary, it makes him look professional.

you saying the april 2019 fight is still being held back by anthony joshua is frankly quite stupid. he has sent wilder a contract. wilder can just as well officially respond with the povetkin fight concerns, and with a statement that he will revisit negotiations after that fight. that's okay to say too. just make it official instead of spouting off about all over social media. last i checked, wilder also has a fight coming up. so there's concerns there as well, which AJ and his team are fully aware of. but they want the fight anyway, as should wilder and his team.
              Team Joshua wants the fight alright but they wanted it only on their own terms. Now it's time to renegotiate a new contract for a potential future bout. Hopefully it takes place in 2019. However Joshua and his team are going to have to show Wilder some respect this time.

Last time Wilder was willing to go against the advice of his own team in agreeing to all of Joshua conditions and terms by bending and bending some more in order to make this fight happen and give the fight fans the fight they wanted to see. However, it was Joshua, his team and Matchroom boxing who had other plans by stalling it.

Unless Joshua is willing to make some of the same concessions that Wilder was willing to do in their last contract, then the fight would probably never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by that g View Post
                if you want to make that argument, that's actually fine. i don't think you are correct in saying that, because i think people will pay to see wilder vs joshua, belts or no belts.

but its a fair argument. but wilder can just as easily say that officially in a response or counter offer to the contract given by AJ, no?
                I need you to pay attention to what you just posted...You just posted and I quote"people will pay to see Wilder vs Joshua, belts or no belts". But the problem is (now pay attention) If AJ losses to Pedvitkin and losses all his belts in his next fight(which is a possibility) why the hell would Wilder want to be locked in to a set flat fee against AJ who would have significantly less leverage after a loss? Why would Wilder sign a contract for a flat fee when in Fact the fight will make in more money in the future? Why would Wilder sign a contract that does not include a rematch clause the BOTH CAMPS previously agreed on that is NOT in the recent contract that was sent?

Comment

Team Joshua wants the fight alright but they wanted it only on their own terms. Now it's time to renegotiate a new contract for a potential future bout. Hopefully it takes place in 2019. However Joshua and his team are going to have to show Wilder some respect this time.

Last time Wilder was willing to go against the advice of his own team in agreeing to all of Joshua conditions and terms by bending and bending some more in order to make this fight happen and give the fight fans the fight they wanted to see. However, it was Joshua, his team and Matchroom boxing who had other plans by stalling it.

Unless Joshua is willing to make some of the same concessions that Wilder was willing to do in their last contract, then the fight would probably never happen.
                  so wilder, the B side, should just sit on their hands, say nothing, do nothing, never respond officially, to a contract they've received, with terms they agreed to (except 2 points, according to them) but talk on social media, until they receive the perfect contract?

did you really read what i wrote, or are you just trying to kill time in this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Calibaloc View Post
                    So the world never gave a ***** about Roy Jones Jr.? Pernell Whitaker? Sugar Ray Leonard? or Bernard Hopkins? how many American boxers are in the Hall of Fame compared to British boxers idiot?smh
                    Brits tends forget that America is the Mecca of boxing. All roads in boxing leads to America. They don't know that Joshua could earn at least five times the amount of money in America than what Eddie Hearn is offering him for the Wilder fight in the U.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Calibaloc View Post
                      I need you to pay attention to what you just posted...You just posted and I quote"people will pay to see Wilder vs Joshua, belts or no belts". But the problem is (now pay attention) If AJ losses to Pedvitkin and losses all his belts in his next fight(which is a possibility) why the hell would Wilder want to be locked in to a set flat fee against AJ who would have significantly less leverage after a loss? Why would Wilder sign a contract for a flat fee when in Fact the fight will make in more money in the future? Why would Wilder sign a contract that does not include a rematch clause the BOTH CAMPS previously agreed on that is NOT in the recent contract that was sent?
                      first of all, they ALREADY agreed to the flat terms. if you suddenly don't like it anymore, fine. send an official response or counter. continue the discussion until the fight is signed.
                      Otherwise, don't say out in public that you are, or have been trying to do everything it takes to make the fight happen.

based on your two replies to me, i'd say you are the one who probably needs to pay better attention.

Comment

Working...
                      X