Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the ward v kovalev result be overturned?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    You're latino crying on behalf of a damn russian.

fuk BLM and all that....what's up with that???

Im pissed off due to injustice.
    This isnt about Kovalev, i couldnt care less about him but the fact that a fighter got cheated gets me heated.

Ward has been getting passes for years and it happened again last night.

Comment

what i really want to see is jermall charlo vs golovkin. make that fight happen as soon as possible win lose or draw against canelo.

we should all do a petition for this fight including freedom and bigdramashow.

u 2 guys need to help us make this fight.

Comment

Should every early stoppage be overturned?

Did Ward land a borderline low blow at the end? Yes, get over it and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          if kovalev wasn't starting to tire and look bad i'd be more disappointed by the mistakes weeks made that led to the end of the fight. ward may have gotten a stoppage anyway, and was almost surely going to coast to a decision with all the momentum he had, but the ending of htat fight was a joke.

no, the result shouldn't be overtuned. weeks made a bad call. it happens and there's really no precedent as far as i can tell for a case specifically regarding low blows that were not called. it was a headshot that got him going, after all. but that headshot came only an exchange or two after a blatant, hard low blow. kovalev wasn't once given a full 5 minutes to recover.

weeks looked bad after that one. smells a bit fishy, but again, i'm not goign to go crazy because ward was starting to win the fight and i still think the better fighter won.
          This sounds about right to me. Some questionable things happened in the fight but it wouldn't be right to overturn the final result.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            if kovalev wasn't starting to tire and look bad i'd be more disappointed by the mistakes weeks made that led to the end of the fight. ward may have gotten a stoppage anyway, and was almost surely going to coast to a decision with all the momentum he had, but the ending of htat fight was a joke.

no, the result shouldn't be overtuned. weeks made a bad call. it happens and there's really no precedent as far as i can tell for a case specifically regarding low blows that were not called. it was a headshot that got him going, after all. but that headshot came only an exchange or two after a blatant, hard low blow. kovalev wasn't once given a full 5 minutes to recover.

weeks looked bad after that one. smells a bit fishy, but again, i'm not goign to go crazy because ward was starting to win the fight and i still think the better fighter won.

Wasn't a low blow. 2 good body shots.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
              With your logic Ward evened the playing field for Kovalev's rabbit punching.

Your tears are delicious.

Did kovalev score a TKO victory via a rabbit punch?

Comment

71.43% against overturning the verdict. According to Kovalev fans, >70% is an overwhelming majority whose opinion cannot be challenged.

Changing the result would be a robbery, per your logic.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  when voting, you cant base it on what you think may have happened in later rounds. by the law of boxing was it a legal way of a ending the fight?
                  Trying to manipulate the voting and the question since poll results aren't going as planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    Did kovalev score a TKO victory via a rabbit punch?
                    your tears taste like candy right now BRO........

Comment

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
                      what i really want to see is jermall charlo vs golovkin. make that fight happen as soon as possible win lose or draw against canelo.

we should all do a petition for this fight including freedom and bigdramashow.

u 2 guys need to help us make this fight.
                      i see charlo is the boogeyman now lol. you all wanted him to fight canelo but now you all keep going on about charlo? Whos charlo actually beat, a hype job with no chin. i do think hes a good fighter but hes not in gennadys league, noone at middleweight can beat him.

Comment

Working...
                      X