Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holyfield Broke. Selling off Championship belts, Olympic medal, etc.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holyfield Broke. Selling off Championship belts, Olympic medal, etc.

http://www.juliensauctions.com/aucti...eld/index.html

This is just depressing. He's lost his house and now he's selling all of his belt's, gloves, robes, rings, and his Olympic Medal.

"Highlights from the auction include Holyfield’s 1984 Olympic Bronze Medal and 1983 Pan-Am Games Silver medal. Featured items also include over 20 pairs of fight worn gloves including the gloves worn in the June 1997 Holyfield vs. Tyson II fight — a.k.a. “The Bite Fight.” An amazing array of WBC, WBA and IBF Championship belts will be offered in the sale including Holyfield’s first ever professional title belt for his 1986 WBA Cruiserweight title. Equally as impressive are the more than 25 framed fight-worn robes and trunks including those worn by Holyfield for his 1996 upset of a then-heavily favored Mike Tyson resulting in his retention of the WBA Heavyweight title with the fight being named “Upset of the Year” and “The Fight of The Year” for 1996 by The Ring magazine."

this may be old news, just thought I should share.

jesus christ that's sad.

i hope there's some high roller out there who loves him some real deal who will be willing to purchase something and allow evander to hold onto it. somebody bought wladimir's gold medal for charity, and gave it back to him. they paid a million dollars... it's a long shot, but it would be very nice to see.

Comment

That's just sad. I'll never understand why these guys never put away a few million for a rainy day. All they would have to do is invest it wisely and watch their money grow. At a few million dollars, they have enough to last them a lifetime.

Comment

the man has probably made $100,000,000 in his life, what the HELL did he do with it all

Comment

I hate to sound like a d1ck but I find it hard to have much sympathy for a man who blows a £200,000,000+ fortune.

That said, I wish him well and hope one of the brothers give him fight just to help him out of the hole he is in.

Comment

Doesn't this good christian man have something like 13 kids with 9 different women and has been divorced about 5 times. That will strain your finances.

Comment

Sucks but its all his own doings.

In Wlad case he was selling his Gold for a good cause and the guy bought it just for a good cause and gave it back. In this case it will be hard for a grown man to say okay other grown man, you didn't look out for your self why should I.

But that being said, Hope everything goes well for him, He will never truly be me and you broke, so ehhh.

Comment

I honestly don't care.

How much did he earn during his career? £200m+?

I'll be lucky to see 1/100th of that wealth during my lifetime.

If he ends up broke, so be it.

Comment

ffs thats bad all he ever achieved and hes probably just gonna have photos to show off and some run down vhs tapes sad really sad wish i could help

Comment

Originally posted by robson24 View Post
                    ffs thats bad all he ever achieved and hes probably just gonna have photos to show off and some run down vhs tapes sad really sad wish i could help
                    maybe some stashed polaroids. Apparently he's even selling god damn photographs.

Comment

Working...
                    X