Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Undisputed really such a great feat when a division is weak asf?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Undisputed really such a great feat when a division is weak asf?

I see people always saying Crawford was Undisputed at 140lbs. to captain save a hoe when he's criticised for his extremely weak resume. 140lbs. was complete trash though. Why is that such a great feat when Crawford didn't beat anyone elite?

Getting all the belts together isn’t such an easy thing to do, especially with the politics that we go through in boxing nowadays. You can only beat who the belt holders are. There is nothing to knock there.

We as boxing fans need to encourage those sort of things, not use it to tear down the boxers. Ask for more competitive fights, instead of having agendas toward certain boxers.

If I criticise a boxer but he is willing to fight top notch competition then I would praise him. For example I criticise Wilder for ducking Joshua, but I still praise him for fighting Fury or showing willingness to.

Same should go for all boxers.

Comment

Wlad and GGG didnt even get all the titles and were fighting in a trash division and got praised for it so....

Comment

Only Bernard Hopkins, Jermain Taylor, Terence Crawford, and Oleksandr Usyk have done won all four belts on the men's side and only Cecila Braekhus, Katie Taylor, and Claressa Shields have done it on the women's side.

If it were easy, no matter how weak a division is, more people would have done it.

Comment

Well, the strength of the division definitely matters when being undisputed. Definitely a good achievement either way, but being undisputed at say WW or MW, means a whole a lot more than being undisputed at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
            I see people always saying Crawford was Undisputed at 140lbs. to captain save a hoe when he's criticised for his extremely weak resume. 140lbs. was complete trash though. Why is that such a great feat when Crawford didn't beat anyone elite?
            Crawford @ 140 (and Usyk @ CW) deserve credit for truly cleaning out the division by beating all the other guys. None of them were elite, I agree with you.

When none of them are elite, all you can do is fight all of them. If you move up and fight every other recognized top guy in a division and beat them, that is something that shows you are separate from the rest of the pack.

What would you have preferred Crawford had done?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Crawford @ 140 (and Usyk @ CW) deserve credit for truly cleaning out the division by beating all the other guys. None of them were elite, I agree with you.

When none of them are elite, all you can do is fight all of them. If you move up and fight every other recognized top guy in a division and beat them, that is something that shows you are separate from the rest of the pack.

He did what he should've at 140lbs. but I'm not giving him some extra credit for clearing out a weak division and having all belts. It's not that impressive to me. It was an opportune time in a severely weak division. I prefer tough competition over fighting weak opposition for trinkets. When I **** on his resume I'm ****ting on his competition... Being Undisputed can't change the fact that his resume is weak as hell for his over hyping

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

He probably should've moved up sooner chase the big fights not the abc belts a decisive win over Pacquiao before Horn would've done more for his career than undisputed at 140

Toprank had a couple of good ww at the time

Comment

Yes, there have been plenty of weak eras.

Comment

Originally posted by historian larry View Post
                    Wlad and GGG didnt even get all the titles and were fighting in a trash division and got praised for it so....
                    Hopefully you start trashing Crawford resume like you were GGG's...

Comment

Working...
                    X