No announcement yet.

Crawford's guaranteed $3.625M for the Benavidez fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawford's guaranteed $3.625M for the Benavidez fight

Holy moly. No wonder he re-signed. Benavidez is guaranteed $500K.

Crawford's official purse is $2 million, though he is guaranteed $3.625 million from Top Rank. Benavidez's official purse is $350,000, but he has a $500,000 guarantee.
    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...clash-weigh-in

Yup, and people wonder why he's with Top Rank.

Well... when you get to fight Horn, Benavidez and likely Kavaliuskas and you're getting $3M + per fight, why go anywhere else?

Reminder that Shawn Porter vs. Danny Garcia, one of the biggest WW fights of the year, each only got $1M to beat each other up.

Crawford is getting $3.6M for a tuneup.

Comment

Well he's the best fighter in the stable so good for him.

Comment

Why would he want to get in the ring with Spence, Thurman, and Pacquiao if he already making this type of money for a fight that his 100-1 favor

Comment

Also, I'm guessing this is also because he's fighting on the ESPN app. Top Rank is likely giving him an incentive to fight on the app by sweetening the pot.

Meanwhile Lomachenko fighting on regular ESPN is only getting $1M.

So please no more crap about how Lomachenko is getting preferential treatment.

There's a reason they're getting paid this way.

Comment

Loma isn't touching anywhere close to that for a fight. That's why its stupid when people try to act like he is treated better than Crawford over at Top Rank.

Comment

Whats up with this official purse vs guaranteed purse sh^t I keep seeing in boxing lately. These mfers trying to juke the taxman or something?

Respect to Bud doe he getting paid.

Comment

Good for Crawford. He deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Whats up with this official purse vs guaranteed purse sh^t I keep seeing in boxing lately. These mfers trying to juke the taxman or something?

Respect to Bud doe he getting paid.
                  This is what I think it is. And it could be tax reason too.

Official purse is what he getting paid right now. what it gonna be reported to the tax man, so he will have to pay taxes on this this year (tax period)

Guaranteed purse is what he is getting paid 100% but he might not see all that right away, might come trickling in next year. so he wont have to pay taxes on what has not came in it.

reason being alot of money only comes in quarterly or longer.

Comment

Good for him.

But aren't some people always complaining about PBC overpaying fighters to be in mismatches?

Comment

Working...
                    X