Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Mikey Garcia calls out Cotto at 154...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G22 View Post
    154 is way too high for Mikey. He didn't have much power vs broner so moving up two weights will turn him into a malignaggi puncher

Cottos farewell fight needs to be carefully selected if he vlues his health. If he wants an easy win he could have the decider with Margarito but I think Cotto thinks that revenge closed the book on that and he is happy to leave it at 1-1.
    Hes not going to fight an up and comer so its either an old washed up name or take a gamble and fight one of the top fighters. He isnt a middleweight but Lemiuex has been stopped a couple times and that could be built into a big fight. Id make Cotto an underdog but it’s a winnable fight if he keeps moving and using his boxing skills.
    I don't see Mikey as a big threat after jumping up three weight classes. Plus Cotto needs a retirement check so he needs a notable but not dangerous opponent.

Comment

He should be calling out Danny Garcia, Thurman, Porter, Figueroa, Easter, etc. PBC fights that are supposedly easier to make than those outside of PBC.

Comment

Mikey is hungry and chasing big fights I wish more were like him, he doesn't want to waste any more time with his career.

Comment

Lol at all the discussion over what is likely just some throw away comment not to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
            Mikey outboxes Cotto easily just like Trout did. When was the last time Cotto looked good fighting an actual threat that wasn't injured or drained that had the skill of Mikey?
            I highly doubt Mikey has the power to keep Cotto off him seeing how he hasnt had the time to build his body up to it. Mikey's a very good boxer and has high ring iq but he doesn't have the special effects to pull this off.

He obviously has some pop still at 140 because broner didn't take any risks but he never seriously hurt him so at 154 I can't imagine it. And cottos willing to take some to give some which broner isn't.

Comment

Gotta give Mikey credit! He doesn't seem the type to talk and not back it up. I think he would fight Cotto if both sides can agree.

I would bet Cotto big on this one. Cotto still dangerous and has pop, Mikey not going to be able to handle the diff in size and power.

Good fight and will make money!

Comment

Cotto hurts him at 154

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  It would be Cotto's last fight and he will be laughing all the way to the bank
                  True that, but do you think it would be a big PPV fight? I think Cotto vs the winner of Canelo/GGG would be bigger.

Comment

Mikey doesn't give a **** about boxing...he's just tryin to cash out asap

Comment

At 154?!

Comment

Working...
                      X