Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev Confirms Jackson Split; Explains Need for New Trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev Needs

I am sorry; but, I disagree, Abel Sanchez and Freddie Roach are mostly offensive and pressure oriented and Kovalev don't need them. Kovalev need Virgil Hunter. Virgil Hunter is more defensive oriented and he can teach Kovalev how to protect his body and defence in general, he can teach Kovalev how to fight inside to push his opponents to long range, good clinching skills, how to avoid clinches in favor of the other opponent, put his body more durable, work in his cardio and stamina. I know this all sound good to be true, because Kovalev need his mental fortitude to learn all those things. Also those things take time to learn and you need to be focus all the time. My only concern about Kovalev is that Ward rob his soul and maybe he not going to be the fighter he was. Hope, I am wrong.

Comment

Kovalev should hire Kathy Diva as his new trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Main Source View Post
        Dude, why are you lying? Jackson gave you all the instructions needed but a) you either tell him to shut his mouth or b) you don't listen.

Kovalev has a history of being a troublesome student. Ask Roach. Ask Sanchez.
        What is Kovalev's history with Freddie Roach? Never heard that story...

Comment

Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
          I am sorry; but, I disagree, Abel Sanchez and Freddie Roach are mostly offensive and pressure oriented and Kovalev don't need them. Kovalev need Virgil Hunter. Virgil Hunter is more defensive oriented and he can teach Kovalev how to protect his body and defence in general, he can teach Kovalev how to fight inside to push his opponents to long range, good clinching skills, how to avoid clinches in favor of the other opponent, put his body more durable, work in his cardio and stamina. I know this all sound good to be true, because Kovalev need his mental fortitude to learn all those things. Also those things take time to learn and you need to be focus all the time. My only concern about Kovalev is that Ward rob his soul and maybe he not going to be the fighter he was. Hope, I am wrong.
          Yea he should definitely go with Virgil Hunter. Amir Khan, Andrej Fonfara, Peter Quillin, and Andre Berto have been on huge winning streaks since they made the switch.

Comment

Ann Wolfe? She would have the perfect attitude for Kov.

The light heavyweights are better with Kovalev relevant. To this very day I smile at his "Chickenson" taunt to Stevenson. The guy has talent and charisma. Needs a trainer to improve his defense and his championship rounds stanima.

Comment

Bottles vs Oranges

Originally posted by Mr_Forte View Post
              Yea he should definitely go with Virgil Hunter. Amir Khan, Andrej Fonfara, Peter Quillin, and Andre Berto have been on huge winning streaks since they made the switch.
              Amir Khan, Andrej Fonfara, Peter Quillin, and Andre Berto don't have the same pedigree Kovalev have, let's alone Ward. If Kovalev have the focus to comeback under Virgil Hunter, I guarantee you that Kovalev is going to become a champion again, when Ward move from the 175 lbs division, like Ward came to become the unified super WBA, WBO and IBF champion in the light heavyweight division under Virgin Hunter.
              Last edited by Dasmius Shinobi; 09-17-2017, 10:00 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
                You're delusional if you think Kovalev gonna go and become Ward's stablemate after what happened between them, or if you even think that would be a good thing for Kovalev's mental health as a man and a fighter.

Comment

Kovalev Needs

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                  You're delusional if you think Kovalev gonna go and become Ward's stablemate after what happened between them, or if you even think that would be a good thing for Kovalev's mental health as a man and a fighter.
                  So, you don't know, that one time, when Kovalev consider the offer of Virgil Hunter months ago? I am not delusional; I am stating a opinion. You never know If Kovalev surprise us with news about accepting Hunter offer.

Comment

Ann Wolfe teachings are rough and old school; but, effective.

Originally posted by landotter View Post
                    Ann Wolfe? She would have the perfect attitude for Kov.

The light heavyweights are better with Kovalev relevant. To this very day I smile at his "Chickenson" taunt to Stevenson. The guy has talent and charisma. Needs a trainer to improve his defense and his championship rounds stanima.

Ann Wolfe methods are effective; but, I fear Kovalev is going to stay far away of her.

Comment

blame the trainer....smdh

Comment

Working...
                      X