No announcement yet.

Anderson Silva the True P4P KING...GSP overrated but great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson Silva the True P4P KING...GSP overrated but great

Anderson is the greatest fighter in all of MMA.....GSP is maybe number 3-4 behind Anderson, Bones Jones, and maybe Aldo

You've done a great job of making an argument based upon facts and sound logic, kudos.

Comment

GSP is number 2 on most people's p4p list and rightfully so aldo and jones haven't just yet proved to be better

Comment

GSP isn't really overrated. I'd favor him to beat any welterweight. He only gets overrated when people think he is going to go to 185 and beat Anderson. "oh, he's gonna take him down and lay on him." ....yeah, just like Chael and Hendo did.... Oh wait, they still loss.

GSP is #2 though.

Honestly, Aldo. He's the best of them all. If you go by what p4p was originally made for. Aldo in a 185, 170 body. He'd whoop the ***** out of them both. p4p ranks are meh and going by that structure, Aldo would be #3 on my list. However, by what p4p was originally, Aldo is top.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          GSP isn't really overrated. I'd favor him to beat any welterweight. He only gets overrated when people think he is going to go to 185 and beat Anderson. "oh, he's gonna take him down and lay on him." ....yeah, just like Chael and Hendo did.... Oh wait, they still loss.

GSP is #2 though.

Honestly, Aldo. He's the best of them all. If you go by what p4p was originally made for. Aldo in a 185, 170 body. He'd whoop the ***** out of them both. p4p ranks are meh and going by that structure, Aldo would be #3 on my list. However, by what p4p was originally, Aldo is top.
          IDK, I think Silva is a better striker than Aldo and GSP is a good enough grappler to get top position and control him. So it comes down to whether or not he can control where the fight takes place and I'm not sure that he can.

Not trying to talk down on Aldo or anything, but I don't see him as the number 1 guy.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

GSP is #2 though.

This. Anderson & GSP are only ahead of him of longevity but I would put Aldo above GSP if he beats Mendes because thats gonna be his biggest challenge although Florian will be a war. After those two fights he'll pass GSP and start creeping up on Silva.

GSP is losing stock because he still wins but he doesn't finish and often in boring fashion. Whereas Silva & Aldo dominate and finish. Aldo is a motha****in monster. Lightweight champion in 2012-13!

Comment

Nah, in a 185 body. 6 ft plus, 185, 75+ reach. He'd own Anderson. He is fast, powerful and precise. Not to mention he doesn't do and make the same mistakes as Anderson. Anderson does alot of stupid things, just that no one can capitalize on them because he is way faster than them. Aldo in a 185 body, no way does he not capitalize on Anderson's mistakes.

GSP is the same thing. Faber is one of the best wrestlers at the lower weights. He took out his legs so fast, Faber couldn't even muster a takedown attempt. GSP isn't Faber of course but I mean the top wrestling in the division. Aldo in a 5'10, 170, 70+ reach. GSP gets trashed. Catches a knee to the face, and Aldo finishes fast. GSP only does 1 thing better than him, takedowns. Where as Aldo, better hands, better technique, more power, submissions. Not to mention Aldo is versatile, he uses his whole body. He'd definitely catch GSP with a knee to the noggin on a takedown attempt.

Aldo is ridiculously good. Just hindered by his stature. He can't go to welterweight and compete for real. But by what P4p really was made for. SRR as a hw would beat 90% heavyweights. Same as Aldo. He is just perfect or as close to it as possible. He literally has everything besides maybe takedown offense.

Comment

Dominick Cruz has to be on the list has well. This guy is a beast.

Comment

Opinion: Invalid

Comment

Working...
                  X