No announcement yet.

Prime Michael Spinks vs. Sergey Kovalev at 175

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shawnex View Post
    I have noticed during my short stay here that certain guys gets respect more easily than others... For some reason, Kovalev, Golovkin and Usyk barely had to do anything to get this mad and baseless reputation. While Ward, Crawford, Spence, Wilder and Joshua gets downgraded all the time.
    Good one Mirko. I have reported this account. I think I've had 100 or your alts banned the last 3 months lol.

Comment

I think Spinks in general at 175 is one of the hardest fighters to defeat in Boxing history. I really think only Jones because of his speed and overall freakish talent is the only fighter in the last 30-40 years that could beat him there and I'd still pick Spinks.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        I think Spinks in general at 175 is one of the hardest fighters to defeat in Boxing history. I really think only Jones because of his speed and overall freakish talent is the only fighter in the last 30-40 years that could beat him there and I'd still pick Spinks.
        Yea Spinks is the GOAT at 175 imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
          Yea Spinks is the GOAT at 175 imo.
          It's hard to look past Moore and Charles IMO as both are in the top 20 boxers of all time - period. Loughran and Tunney especially relative to their era's are in the discussion too. I'd probably have Spinks anywhere from 3-5.

175 is one of the greatest divisions in the history of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
            It's hard to look past Moore and Charles IMO as both are in the top 20 boxers of all time - period. Loughran and Tunney especially relative to their era's are in the discussion too. I'd probably have Spinks anywhere from 3-5.

175 is one of the greatest divisions in the history of the sport.
            Very true, 175 is one of the all time deep divisions. It gets overlooked because its right next to Heavy, but its produced some all time talent.

Comment

Prime Spinks against present day Kov is an early KO for Spinks, both in their prime is closer to Ward/Kov II maybe not as dominant.

Comment

I don't know if it was this site or another but people were actually saying that Kovalev would beat Tarver at 175 and I said that Tarver was a great counterpuncher and he'd catch him with something around the middle rounds or late. Now that we see Kovalev fades and can be counterpunched rather easily, I guess I'm not looking so stupid now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  Very true, 175 is one of the all time deep divisions. It gets overlooked because its right next to Heavy, but its produced some all time talent.
                  Yeah and we can't sleep on Foster. Foster didn't have as many problems with lthvys as he did with hws.. He was always trying to test himself.

Comment

Working...
                  X