No announcement yet.

Will Fury be ready for April?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    I am worried he may have done a lot of damage to his body in his spell of inactivity, I’m skeptical he ever reaches the same level he did in Düsseldorf.
    Yea I agree. Tyson with 40% can still become the best of the rest and make the big money fights with AJ and Wilder. To win he needs 75% or more. I'm really underwhelmed by his choice of trainer, that could turn out to be a big handicap at the top level.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
      Yea I agree. Tyson with 40% can still become the best of the rest and make the big money fights with AJ and Wilder. To win he needs 75% or more. I'm really underwhelmed by his choice of trainer, that could turn out to be a big handicap at the top level.
      Yeah that Davison is a joke. It makes me question how serious Fury is about actually becoming the best HW in the world again.
      Ideally, he should go back to Peter Fury. But if he needed a change there are much better options out there than Davison. Ingle would be a good fit for Fury I think, not a fan of Ingle whatsoever but they’re very adept at working with unorthodox fighters. Plus they’ve done a good job with BJS who has had similar issues to Tyson outside the ring.

Comment

Depends upon your definition of ready. He's stepped in the ring at 274lbs before and honestly I'd be pleasantly surprised if he came in that low.

Comment

Chubzy Wubbzy won't be ready but he'll probably fight anyway.

Comment

It's up to him. He has about 100 days. If he trains hard every one of those days and watches his diet he could drop about 35 pounds of fat and be in reasonable shape. It's doable if he is dedicated and works his fat ass off.

Comment

I think hell be ready for a 4 round fight. Maybe 6.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                occasionally "the man" retires and the lineal is up in the air. It's why Ali/Frazier I had so much hype, both had legit claims to the lineal championship. I have no real idea how they decide who the lineal is upon retirement these days with all the alphabet titles TBH, but there have been a few lineals to retire (Louis, Marciano, Lewis) the first two were back when there was only one world title, so it was far less confusing than Klitschko vs Chagaev for a vacant lineal title (maybe just the #1 and #2 Ring ranked fight off in that situation? I don't know, I really don't remember Chagaev being ranked that high...)

The reason I hated the Klitschko era though was because we never had that #1 vs #2 match. They were just content with each of them having half the belts. I can't blame them, just sucked as a fan lol
                Lineage is re-stablished in a pretty simple way; having all of the belts under one champion.

Hopkins did it at 160lbs, Floyd did it at 147lbs, Roy Jones Jr did it at 175lbs (some will argue, but I'm not one of them), Terrence Crawford just did it at 140lbs (though immediately vacating didn't help things), etc.

Once that happens, you have a point to then draw the line from (Hopkins to Taylor to Pavlik to Maravilla to Cotto to Alvarez).

Floyd ended the lineage when he beat Baldomir and Judah, and then retired in 2015 (that lineage was established when Corey Spinks beat Ricardo Mayorga to unify the IBF, WBC, and WBA 147 titles; Spinks to Judah to Baldomir to Floyd). currently a new lineage needs to be established, so we are left waiting on a new undisputed champion (WBC/WBA/IBF champion should be known in relatively short order, but the WBO belt now has value, so any lineage would also need the WBO)

Comment

He's not gonna return

Comment

Working...
                  X