No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya Not Budging From Terms For Canelo-Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Canelo has ALREADY moved up more weight classes then that 35 year old coward GGG and he's only 26. You saw GGG get exposed by a chinny Jacobs. Fight before that got his face busted up by a welterweight. Now you see why he ran from Ward and has been trying to price himself out of 15m fight with Canelo. Made Jacobs who known as a brawler look like a slickster easily out boxing the slow one dimensional GGG. Imagine what Canelo who is more skilled and has better defense and chin then Jacobs will do.
    Canelo became a Pro at 15 and GGG at 25, ofcourse Canelos body can grow more than GGG. GGG has already mature. If GGG became Pro at 15 he had ten years to grow into Middleweight. Let me know when GGG struggles to make weight the same way fat Canelo does.

Comment

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Mukuro View Post
      The sooner that fight gets made the better for GGG. I think he should take the best deal they can get out of Canelo and fight this year or early next. He does not have a trajectory that will improve his bargaining position at all.

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Well-put. I previously felt that Golovkin had reasons to hold out but at this point, it's not likely to get any better for him and the whole thing could go up in smoke if one of them loses. With the way boxing ppvs are in the toilet, this might already be over-ripe. Nice Bundy avi, BTW.
      Exactly. This is what the hardcore GGG fans will likely never accept. Canelo is the biggest payday ever for their guy, and the clock is ticking with nothing on the horizon above the $2 mil range paydays they've been getting. Somebody at GGG Inc. needs to wake up. No one wants it in 2-5 years when the whole landscape is different.

Comment

If Canelo doesnt fight GGG who else does he have that has a name? Lemieux, Charlo, Jacobs, thye wont bring him enough money for the risk they bring.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Mukuro View Post
          The sooner that fight gets made the better for GGG. I think he should take the best deal they can get out of Canelo and fight this year or early next. He does not have a trajectory that will improve his bargaining position at all.

Exactly. This is what the hardcore GGG fans will likely never accept. Canelo is the biggest payday ever for their guy, and the clock is ticking with nothing on the horizon above the $2 mil range paydays they've been getting. Somebody at GGG Inc. needs to wake up. No one wants it in 2-5 years when the whole landscape is different.
          Fuck the money. Why should GGG's fans care about that? .. We're not getting any of it and neither are you.

Comment

GGG's stock and draw keep declining after every fight. He got exposed again in his fight with Jacobs. GGG should stick to fighting guys that only come forward because he has a hard time making adjustments with guys that can move in the ring.

I don't know why he is playing hardball with GBP because they have all the cards and leverage. Canelo's leverage will increase after his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
              Canelo became a Pro at 15 and GGG at 25, ofcourse Canelos body can grow more than GGG. GGG has already mature. If GGG became Pro at 15 he had ten years to grow into Middleweight. Let me know when GGG struggles to make weight the same way fat Canelo does.
              That's BS excuses, canelo has proven he is willing to go up or down to make big fights with guys outside his weight class. GGG at 35 hasn't learned this and wasted to much of his career in meaningless fights when bigger names were at 154 and 168. Canelo is fighting above 160 BEFORE GGG yet that coward 5 years ago talked about moving up for bigger fights. Think about that.
              Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-21-2017, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
                If Canelo doesnt fight GGG who else does he have that has a name? Lemieux, Charlo, Jacobs, thye wont bring him enough money for the risk they bring.
                You just plain in stupid. Canelo is the biggest draw and has the pick of the litter to choose from. Every fighter 2 weight classes above and below him all want to get a career pay day and fight him. Don't believe me look no further the khan (Welterweight) and chavez(super middleweight). You only naming fighters at 160 when canelo casts a much farther net then that. Thurman, Spence, bradley, porter, Pacquiao, brook, cotto remtach, chavez rematch, ramirez, eubank, the list goes on. He's only 26 has nothing but time and a new boogeyman will always spring up. Canelo will always make money he doesn't need GGG. It's the other way around GGG only making 2m and is 35 with not much time left.
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-21-2017, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  Golovkin doesn't need Canelo anymore.
                  He does if he wants that fat check?
                  Where else he gonna get that kinda money??

Comment

Never heard of an "A" side boxer dropping the belt without throwing a single punch. But, hey in the den of the charlatan Oscar, truth and logic do not matter hence Canelo for them is the A side. For them Canelo is even the super star.
                    Last edited by LoveWisdomTruth; 03-21-2017, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                      I think GGG has shown some slippage - he needs to fight Canelo ASAP and take that money and beat his ass and recoup. I think we're about to get diminishing returns w/ GGG at this point while Canelo - unless he takes a severe beating in the next year is just going to get bigger, faster and stronger. Time is not on GGG's side

1) steps up in comp
                      2) immediately shows signs of slippage

right on cue

Comment

Working...
                      X