No announcement yet.

Mikey saying post press he wants to fight Lomachenko now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I felt like this was coming. I think it's going to be a cash out too. You can't go up in weight that much and then go back to making big cuts. He's going to be drained and show up half assed.
    So true, then he'll blame Erroll Spence, Jr for his uneven performance, if he so happens to lose to Loma like saying I had to lose more than 30 lbs after fighting Spence.

Comment

I see this nothing as a cash out fight for Garcia. Mikey knows his window is closing as an elite fighter now after being exposed by Erroll Spence, Jr. So if he loses to Loma then now what?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
        If I was advising his career; I would suggest that he stays at 147 because there is more money there.
        I think he's just too small for that weight, or not powerful enough,and he can't fight on the inside so he's always at a disadvantage ,at 140 it was obvious at 140 that Broner and Lipinets were handing his power a lot better then the guys at 135

If he decides to stay there and he might win a few, he will surely start taking a lot more punishment then at lower weights and his career will be shorter as a consequence of that

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          I ain't claiming to know for sure who would win between Loma and Mikey, but I can tell you for sure that it won't be Loma's firepower that gets him the victory if he does win. Speed, volume, accuracy and movement will be his keys.
          Nope, as Loma rises in weight the speeds slows down. Spence was careful to not always rush in for the counter.

Mikey got nothing to worry with Loma work rate, on the contrary, Loma would reduce his normal workrate facing Mikey for the risk of counters. You know this..

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
            I think he's just too small for that weight, or not powerful enough,and he can't fight on the inside so he's always at a disadvantage ,at 140 it was obvious at 140 that Broner and Lipinets were handing his power a lot better then the guys at 135

If he decides to stay there and he might win a few, he will surely start taking a lot more punishment then at lower weights and his career will be shorter as a consequence of that
            Well said! You are right! He needs to start fighting opponents closer to his own size in order to prolong his career.

Comment

He's says at he hasn't made a decision to come back down to 135 just yet, maybe i stay at 147,maybe i come down to 135 but at 135 that is the most interesting fight with Lomachenko and i would love too take on that fight

Those are his own words
              and? how is that any different than anything he has said in the past.

He always said he would loved to give lomachenko the beating,..........

just lomachenko havent accepted.

and the questiion about lomachenko let me decicde what im gonna do, if im gonna come down.

I MIGTH STAY at 147 or 140, but at 145 lmachenko is the most inserting fight
              Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 03-17-2019, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
                Nope, as Loma rises in weight the speeds slows down. Spence was careful to not always rush in for the counter.

Mikey got nothing to worry with Loma work rate, on the contrary, Loma would reduce his normal workrate facing Mikey for the risk of counters. You know this..
                You seem to have misunderstood my point... I'm not saying Lomachenko wins, I'm saying .. if Lomachenko wins it won't be because of his power.

How the fight plays out is anyone's guess, but yeah likely you're right - certainly in the earlier part of the fight I'd guess Lomachenko's output would drop. In terms of Speed Lomachenko will always have the edge (even if he adds mass) and in terms of strength Mikey always will... the timing and ring IQ will be the critical factors I think.
                Last edited by Citizen Koba; 03-17-2019, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                  And Porter says he ready for Spence now...
                  ... Yes, Porter saw some flaws in Spence's game...

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                    You seem to have misunderstood my point... I'm not saying Lomachenko wins, I'm saying .. if Lomachenko wins it won't be because of his power.

How the fight plays out is anyone's guess, but yeah likely you're right - certainly in the earlier part of the fight I'd guess Lomachenko's output would drop. In terms of Speed Lomachenko will always have the edge (even as he adds mass) and in terms of strength Mikey always will... the timing and ring IQ will be the critical factors I think.
                    Loma won't be adding anymore mass, he will go into the fight as he was weighing now again Linares and against Pedraza,his output drops because it's more difficult for him to get in and more dangerous since the guys at 135 are bigger then him and have longer reach, but i don't think he going to come in heavier and heavier, i wouldn't know why he would do that,he whole style depends like you said on his speed and ability to be alethic in the ring

Comment

Loma won't be adding anymore mass, he will go into the fight as he was weighing now again Linares and against Pedraza,his output drops because it's more difficult for him to get in and more dangerous since the guys at 135 are bigger then him and have longer reach, but i don't think he going to come in heavier and heavier, i wouldn't know why he would do that,he whole style depends like you said on his speed and ability to be alethic in the ring
                      That should have read 'even if he adds mass' - my bad..

If he goes to 140 (and honestly I don't see Mikey coming back to 135 - or at least I don't think he'd be wise to do so) he may put on a coupla Lbs but yeah, I think to add more than that would be detrimental.

Comment

Working...
                      X