Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you rate Street Fighter IV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd give it a 9 outta ten, but you have to have online in order to really enjoy it.

Comment

Gave this another go tonight, ended up playing it for 5 hours

I put it on the easiest mode and beat the **** out of the computer for a while and then played online.

My online record was 13 wins and 32 defeats, but for some reason I like the online mode for this more than I liked it for other beat 'em ups. I also liked that not once was there even a millisecond of lag (unlike VF5).

I still don't like the mega combo stuff though. A few times I was winning and then the other guy came out with a 700 hit combo that I was powerless to stop, and it meant that I lost. A bit like on Fight Night when you're winning and then you get caught with a massive haymaker.

But anyway, it's a good game and I like it, and I'd probably play it a lot more if only I was a bit better at pressing up, right, down diagonal left, forward, X, X, forward, jump, pull a cork out of your arse etc.

I'd say 7.5/10

Comment

its ****e! pretty to look at even if its 2d! still ****e tho! roll on fight night..

Comment

Compared to Virtua Fighter......It's a button masher. The level of skill and technique required between the games is considarable (not as bad as say Virtua / Tekken where the gap is huge) and I don’t like that.

Brownie points however for finally adding some balance to the series with the characters, rather than having just a handful of characters dominate everyone else

Comment

Tiger uppercut!

Comment

Working...
            X