No announcement yet.

Joshua so far away from being an ATG heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
    Michael Grant, who got KO'd by Lewis in 2 rounds, would probably beat both Joshua and Wilder.
    I'd forgotten about him - not sure - would have to go back and watch some of his fights

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      Tyson lost to lesser fighters than Parker like Douglas, he went the distance with guys who'd been stopped by other journeymen like Ruddock and Tillis, went the distance with a part time boxer like Mitch Green who stopped afterwards by a journeyman.

Holyfield was a blown up cruiser with more KO's at cruiser than heavy. Got into a war with a 42 year old, out of shape Foreman, gassed badly and got hurt by LHW Moorer, got stopped by blown up James Toney.

Holmes never fought anybody as big as AJ or Wilder, he had some close SD bouts with guys physically bigger than him like Ken Norton and Tim Witherspoon.

This era is still much better than the past eras. AJ/Wilder would've lost by now like past HW champions were to journeymen/part time boxers.

******ed posters like you give NSB a bad name......

Comment

Quick reality check:

The guy has only had 21 fights. He hasn’t unified the division. He hasn’t had his career-defining fight yet. Of course he’s nowhere near ATG status, but he’s undeniably good.

Get off the hype train. Get off the hate train. Get AJ-Wilder on and see who can build a legacy.

Comment

Not one of todays heavies stack up to yesterday's ATGs. Not one.
          Like the thread mentioned its all too business minded and not enough really mean intentions in the ring atm.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            OK, but in fairness, have any of the AJ fanboys, like myself, said he is anywhere near ATG status at this point. I can obviously only speak for myself, but of course he is nowhere near that level yet. He still has lots of room to improve and the time to do it, but I haven't seen anybody saying he'd run through prime versions of Ali, Foreman and Lewis
            Maybe not you but I have read many posts saying Joshua would beat Lewis, Holyfield and Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by E10Rifle View Post
              Quick reality check:

The guy has only had 21 fights. He hasn’t unified the division. He hasn’t had his career-defining fight yet. Of course he’s nowhere near ATG status, but he’s undeniably good.

Get off the hype train. Get off the hate train. Get AJ-Wilder on and see who can build a legacy.
              AJ is fairly good but leaving aside the fights and looking at just the skills I don't see the boxing skills. He is strong but there's a lack of fluidity and athleticism. He couldn't cut the ring off against Parker and punish him and I'm not seeing anything in Parker at all - I'd be intrigued by a Parker Povetkin fight at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                Not one of todays heavies stack up to yesterday's ATGs. Not one.
                Like the thread mentioned its all too business minded and not enough really mean intentions in the ring atm.
                A definite lack of bad intention in the ring on Saturday. It was like a competitive sparring session, no desire to hurt and no tolerance for being hurt. Joshua was unmarked and Parker wasn't busted up, bruised maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                  A definite lack of bad intention in the ring on Saturday. It was like a competitive sparring session, no desire to hurt and no tolerance for being hurt. Joshua was unmarked and Parker wasn't busted up, bruised maybe.
                  Thats also what i wrote in an earlier post.
                  Looked like a sparring session between two good mates.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    AJ has unified three recognized world heavyweight titles. That makes him an all time great in my book.
                    Coming from a poster with a name like yours I wouldn't expect you to say anything different. You probably say the same about Crawford. You might want to look into the difference between a multiple belt holder and a consensus ATG - hint, it has to do with resume.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
                      Thats also what i wrote in an earlier post.
                      Looked like a sparring session between two good mates.
                      AJ does seem matey with Parker and vice versa - Parker's promoter tried to rile the Joshua camp with all the glass chin taunts and videos but Saint Joshua had pardoned him by time of fight night.

Comment

Working...
                      X