Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Roy Jones Jr jumping off the rear foot, front foot or both?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Roy Jones Jr jumping off the rear foot, front foot or both?

I think it all comes from the front foots leg drive.

I dont think theres any weight transfer it starts on the front foot and ends on the front foot.

Last edited by AlexKid; 06-04-2015, 07:44 PM.

works on the uppercut too for southpaws, notice the vertical fist hammed uses, not sure if hes thrusting in in a straight line like a cross or circular like an uppercut?

the master at work

Last edited by AlexKid; 06-04-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Its not a move for the super athletic anyone can do it.

Comment

set up with a jab

Comment

Alexkid seriously shut the hell up. Didn't your previous ban teach you anything? Stop flooding the training forums with these dumbass questions. If you really have a question ask your coach. And stop replying to yourself

Comment

Roy Jones pushes off the back foot. I know it looks like he pushes off both but most of the explosiveness comes from a powerful push off his rear leg. His lead foot usually comes off the ground slightly but not to much (1+inch) & that's how it is smooth. If you raise your front leg too high off the ground or slide it on the floor it makes the movement slower and predicatable. Jones also squared his right shoulder slightly so he got more rotation on the left hook & speed, hence the power it possesses. Remember though, Jones doesn't just throw the hooks randomly, he sets them up well and confuses his opponents. He uses onorthadox angles leaping in too. Have an exit plan though! Jones never stayed still after he leaped with a hook, he either pivoted out or smothered

Comment

Working...
            X