Collapse
No announcement yet.

IBF orders Golovkin vs Wade, sides apparently negotiating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wade is coming off a robbery win over Soliman. How about we skip this and just give the shot to the more deserving man. Wade stands very little of s chance of winning and only give GGG a 0 to take.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
      Wade and Korobov are in the same position. They aren't bad fighters, just bad timing. They both need a win over someone like Lemieux, N'Dam, Lee or even each other.
      Don't know a lot about Wade, but agree about Korobov. Actually think he is a damn good fighter, but the guy was out for over a year after getting clipped by Lee. He just fought an 8 rounder a couple weeks ago. He has no business in the ring with GGG.

Comment

Wade vs. Soliman was not a robbery. There was no logical way to score that fight. It was mad ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          Wade vs. Soliman was not a robbery. There was no logical way to score that fight. It was mad ugly.
          Fact is the ref called a knockdown when it was clear as day a slip. This cost Sam the fight because it was a round Sam dominated thus it was a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
            Nah...Then it will just become another Haymon belt held hostage. The best thing is for Wade to bow out.
            I fail to see the problem. A meaningless belt going to a meaningless fighter that will go on to do meaningless mandatory defenses.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              I fail to see the problem. A meaningless belt going to a meaningless fighter.
              Somebody please call Lara!!! Atleast many would be interested. Lara or Jacobs good lord not these bums that are being picked.

Comment

I fail to see the problem. A meaningless belt going to a meaningless fighter.
                It just makes boxing look (even more) horrible. Heavyweight and Middleweight are divisions with very proud histories. Charles Martin and Dominic Wade should not be champions/beltholders/titlists/whatever. I swear it is very difficult to decide which sanctioning body is the worst.

Comment

The best thing everyone could hope for is that Haymon wins the purse bid, and Golovkin vacates. One less ****ty mandatory to worry about.
                  Exactly. I also don't think Canelo would want to fight for this belt, given that the IBF mandates a rehydration clause (10%) on day of fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
                    Don't know a lot about Wade, but agree about Korobov. Actually think he is a damn good fighter, but the guy was out for over a year after getting clipped by Lee. He just fought an 8 rounder a couple weeks ago. He has no business in the ring with GGG.
                    Wade is still an unpolished prospect with a long way to go. He has a win over Sam Soliman but he wasn't impressive at all. It was just an ugly fight that they gave to the prospect over the aging fighter on the way out.

Hard to tell whether its one of those "nobody looks good against Soliman" type of fights or whether he just doesn't have it in him.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X