Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people pretend like Tyson Fury didn't clearly beat Deontay Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Those KD rounds definitely tighten up the scorecards. When fighters are landing only 5 or 6 punches a round, you will have some close rounds.
    See, this is the flaw, and why I'm trying to give your guy the benefit of the doubt here.

Wilder won two rounds. The knockdown rounds. They don't "tighten up" anything when you're THAT wide as Fury was.

All you're scoring is punch output. What about defense? (Fury) Ring generalship? (Fury) Aggression? (Fury) CLEAN landed punches? (Fury)

There shouldn't be any mention of "tighten up", "close", etc. No, it was a wide, dominant victory for Tyson Fury and the knockdowns in no way could possibly add any closer of an outcome. Thus why my alternate math was put out to try and give your guy a possible hope - and it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      See, this is the flaw, and why I'm trying to give your guy the benefit of the doubt here.

Wilder won two rounds. The knockdown rounds. They don't "tighten up" anything when you're THAT wide as Fury was.

All you're scoring is punch output. What about defense? (Fury) Ring generalship? (Fury) Aggression? (Fury) CLEAN landed punches? (Fury)

There shouldn't be any mention of "tighten up", "close", etc. No, it was a wide, dominant victory for Tyson Fury and the knockdowns in no way could possibly add any closer of an outcome. Thus why my alternate math was put out to try and give your guy a possible hope - and it didn't work.
      Why would you need to give any help to Wilder.......When I had him losing anyways? When did I ever claim him winning this fight? The KDs did tighten things up as the fight would have been a very wide decision for Fury if not for them. If you want to give Fury every single round minus the KD rounds? Sure, I guess you can. But you are fooling yourself if you don't think there were some tight rounds in the fight where not much was done where Wilder has a case for.

But anyways, no need to continue this when you came up with some total BS that made no sense. You mistakenly thought a fighter gets extra points for KO, when that is not the case. Only thing that can happen is the fighter being dropped losing an additional point.

Comment

Working...
      X