Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctioning fees....

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      All of the sanctioning bodies are sketchy. Still wondering how they all come up with significantly different rankings month after month.
      Each organization ranks the tops fighters currently pursuing their title. Top fighters are rarely pursuing all four titles. Their promoters or managers typically have them focus on one or two to maximize their chances of climbing the rankings and earning a title shot.

The four sets of rankings are so different because they have four different objectives. Fans like to think of boxing as one league, but the truth is that boxing is four separate leagues and the rankings reflect that.

WBC is the worst when it comes to inventing belts and some of the fights they are willing to sanction.
      I much prefer the WBC's way of doing things to the WBA's. With the WBC, you know who the world champion is. There is one world champion. If they want to award an honorary "diamond belt" for a significant non-title fight, I don't see who that hurts. Nor do I see how that is worse than the WBA's super world champion and regular world champion nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
        Each organization ranks the tops fighters currently pursuing their title. Top fighters are rarely pursuing all four titles. Their promoters or managers typically have them focus on one or two to maximize their chances of climbing the rankings and earning a title shot.

The four sets of rankings are so different because they have four different objectives. Fans like to think of boxing as one league, but the truth is that boxing is four separate leagues and the rankings reflect that.

I much prefer the WBC's way of doing things to the WBA's. With the WBC, you know who the world champion is. There is one world champion. If they want to award an honorary "diamond belt" for a significant non-title fight, I don't see who that hurts. Nor do I see how that is worse than the WBA's super world champion and regular world champion nonsense.
        Sanctioning a fight between a 49-0 fighter and a 0-0 fighter was nothing but a money grab for the fees and the bogus belt that came with it. Should have been an exhibition. WBA refused to sanction it.

Comment

Yeah until somebody they love (lucas matthysse) wins a fake news title then its let the man love begin.

Comment

Sanctioning a fight between a 49-0 fighter and a 0-0 fighter was nothing but a money grab for the fees and the bogus belt that came with it.
            There were no fees. The fight was not sanctioned by the WBC. The WBC gave an honorary award to the winner.

Comment

All of the sanctioning bodies are sketchy. Still wondering how they all come up with significantly different rankings month after month. WBC is the worst when it comes to inventing belts and some of the fights they are willing to sanction.
              I agree all would do the same thing given the opportunity.

Comment

next up in wbas belt chaos.

Alberto Machado is currently the 130 WBA champ.

The Gervonta Davis Vs Jesus Cuellar fight is sanctioned for the vacant 130 Super WBA belt for no apparent reasons.
                I once thought you get upgraded to super champ when you unify or defended your wba belt 5 or 6 times.
                Now the belt just get sanctioned out of nowhere between davis, who couldnt bother to make weight in his last fight and cuellar, who is coming off a 1 year break and a knockout loss.

Comment

Working...
                X