Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is canelo suddenly being made out to be some master boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    to make floyd look good. hence why the poster below here is rocking a pac avatar and sig....

they think they being slick but their transparent maneuvers are quite dubious....
    yep it is all about Mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      hes correct though mate. have a think who larrys favourite boxer is, and then have a think as to why larry might be a hardcore pacquiao and canelo fan these days...
      Its one dude doe, pluse i think what he does is kinda pointless ,if 26-7yo Canelo will stop GGG its diffrent Canelo ,On the other hand i will give GGG more Credit for beating Canelo in MW Then i gave Floyd in 152 its common sens i guess,if he does it im not saying he does

Comment

• Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
        Canelo is on Elite level ,just watch Canelo -Cotto Then GGG -Lamule and look at level of skill, two diffrent worlds if no arguments can make you beliver just watch and make comperision.
        It's disrespectful to mention Lemieux and Canelo in the same sentence. Lemieux is a warrior who stepped up to the plate and defended his title like a man. Canelo handed over his belt and slunk away when challenged by the same man Lemieux fought.

Comment

• Canelo is predominately a 'power boxer'. Someone who boxes but holds his ground - like Shane Mosley, they are not really movers or what you would call aggressive (but they can do both), and within their style they don't need to be movers, to be effective.

'Power boxers' tend to be more open defensively than 'pure boxers' but more dangerous also. Canelo can go into a 'pure boxing' mode if he needs to for rounds or certain sections of a fight, due to his versatility - but I don't think he could keep it up for 12 rounds.

Canelo is also a great counter-puncher, which coupled with great hand speed and power makes him particularly dangerous.

So to sum up he is a 'power boxer', who can counter well, is defensively responsible, has power, speed, and a good chin. He is also getting better all the time, and his understanding of his strengths and limitations vs elite fighters is starting to form.

So basically a ****ing handful to say the least...NEXT

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Canelo is predominately a 'power boxer'. Someone who boxes but holds his ground - like Shane Mosley, they are not really movers or what you would call aggressive (but they can do both), and within their style they don't need to be movers, to be effective.

'Power boxers' tend to be more open defensively than 'pure boxers' but more dangerous also. Canelo can go into a 'pure boxing' mode if he needs to for rounds or certain sections of a fight, due to his versatility - but I don't think he could keep it up for 12 rounds.

Canelo is also a great counter-puncher, which coupled with great hand speed and power makes him particularly dangerous.

So to sum up he is a 'power boxer', who can counter well, is defensively responsible, has power, speed, and a good chin. He is also getting better all the time, and his understanding of his strengths and limitations vs elite fighters is starting to form.

So basically a ****ing handful to say the least...NEXT
            Good break down dude,i like this definition "Power boxer" especialy in Mosley case, is this official definition?
            Last edited by Canelo and GGG; 11-05-2016, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Where are people getting this impression of canelo as some mega skillful guy from? He does some bizarre upper body movement when trying to dodge punches as if someones stuck a stick up his arse and his footwork is as plodding as it gets, looks like his boots are made out of lead. As recently as the khan fight he was getting soundly outboxed, and people have suddenly made out hes canelo v 2.0 after the mayweather fight, as if its transformed him and he was some novice. The guy was 44-0 ffs and had been a pro 8 years. Hardly looked too elusive against lara, seemed to use his big blockhead as target practise for lara. Canelo is what he is, a solid durable fighter with a bit of pop who puts together some good combos. SO why are you all making out hes going to be like roy jones at 160, and noones going to be able to land a glove on him? Sometimes when people are so desperate for something to happen (GGG losing) they start believe in things that arent true, i dont know whether youve all somehow convinced yourself that canelo is the man to beat him...
              Because mayweather retired and Oscar told everyone he was the new face of boxing. The sheep followed.

Comment

Where are people getting this impression of canelo as some mega skillful guy from? He does some bizarre upper body movement when trying to dodge punches as if someones stuck a stick up his arse and his footwork is as plodding as it gets, looks like his boots are made out of lead. As recently as the khan fight he was getting soundly outboxed, and people have suddenly made out hes canelo v 2.0 after the mayweather fight, as if its transformed him and he was some novice. The guy was 44-0 ffs and had been a pro 8 years. Hardly looked too elusive against lara, seemed to use his big blockhead as target practise for lara. Canelo is what he is, a solid durable fighter with a bit of pop who puts together some good combos. SO why are you all making out hes going to be like roy jones at 160, and noones going to be able to land a glove on him? Sometimes when people are so desperate for something to happen (GGG losing) they start believe in things that arent true, i dont know whether youve all somehow convinced yourself that canelo is the man to beat him...

Really, LOL. He has been much better sense Mayweather fight. 2 comparing anybody looking good against a run around the ring ***** named Lara is a fools comparison. Who has ever looked good against Lara?
                He beat Trout as well. Amir is blazing fast and once Canelo figured him out it was lights out!!
                To further that GGG didn't look great against his WW Brook from speed of moving up but same result. KTFO!!
                Canelo has improved all the way around. He is heavy footed yes but upper body movement is great. He makes quite a few look bad missing.
                Canelo if u remember correctly did not have a amateur back ground like most as he turned pro at 16. GET THAT!!
                He is 26 and done more then most anybody at his age! Get that to. I find some of the people's logic on here so funny. Study the history of the boxer ur talking smack about before judging him. Just some helpful info.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                  Good break down dude,i like this definition "Power boxer" especialy in Mosley case, is this official definition?
                  Yeah me too - its a term I heard Mosley's father use a long time ago, and it is very apt and accurate when describing this type of boxer.

Comment

Working...
                  X