No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs Finalized For May 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    One reason but not the only one as to why he fought Golovkin in the center of the ring was they knew Canelo would lose the rematch if he repeated the performance he put on in the first fight. There was a very big outcry after the fight about how Canelo was gifted a draw. I suspect if he would have fought the same fight as in the first would have a loss on his record. After his team looked at the tapes of the fight it had to be obvious that Canelo did his best work when his back was off the ropes. His excessive body movement was gone, the failed rope a dope strategy was gone. I personally thought he lost but he definitely has a better game plan going in. It wasn't just trying to show up Golovkin it was realizing that they had the wrong plan going into the first fight.
    canelo going to the ropes wasnt a plan imo, it was bad stamina... he just couldnt sustained what he did in the first 3 or 4 rounds, too much movement with too much weight on him...

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      Probably a load of BS. The so called negotiations lasted less than a day and then the Jacobs fight is a done deal. Obviously the plan was always to fight Jacobs and not GGG. We have not heard a single word from GGG or his team about this imaginary offer to GGG to fight Canelo. Anyway Jacobs is a worthy opponent and a world champion so it's a good fight.
      Absolutely, there is no way they had any plan of facing GGG in May. And that's perfectly fine, but those marching orders had to have an agenda behind them. Probably one of the options I listed.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
        you still doubt canelo ??
        ggg wasnt much different back then, than what he is now, he is older yes, but as a fighter i see not much difference to guarantee a different outcome... please tell me on which fight ggg was prime, i want to see what the differences are from what he is now, maybe the one who almost went the distance with a very limited murray?... ggg on his prime never beat anyone on canelos level, for that sole reason you cant guarantee a different outcome... again, you have not seen the best version of canelo yet, so if you want to compare their two best versions you will prob have to wait a couple of years cuz the kid is still getting better on every fight...
        When the gains he got from years of PED cheating start to fade, so will Canelo. He will be done as an elite fighter by the time he hits 30.
        Last edited by kafkod; 01-17-2019, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by eco1 View Post
          Bivol??? Do you want Clenelo dead?
          I mean if Canelo starts to fight at SMW, then Bivol is an option no? Maybe Canelo just stays at MW for a while, but both DAZN fighters so never say never!

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            When the gains he got from years of PED cheating start to fade, so will Canelo. He will be done as an elite fighter by the time he hits 30.
            sure, sure...

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
              Absolutely, there is no way they had any plan of facing GGG in May. And that's perfectly fine, but those marching orders had to have an agenda behind them. Probably one of the options I listed.
              Where have you been? Canelo offered gg the fight & he turned it down in favor of shopping around (likely for a bum now that murata got beat by someone gs scared to face as well) rocky fielding got offered the fight & didn't act like a btch so he got it,but ggg was on record doing same sht as usual,he demanded the same purse as last fight when he was overpaid & they gave him 45% just to get him to fight.

Do you truly believe ggg would suddenly negotiate differently than he always has? He has ALWAYS demanded far more than hes worth, which is why he sent canelo to a bogus purse bid in 2015 that would've entitled him to 45% he didn't deserve because of wbc's rules that stated his gifted jr trinket entitled him to 45% split.
              Last edited by kushking; 01-17-2019, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Where have you been? Canelo offered gg the fight & he turned it down in favor of shopping around (likely for a bum now that murata got beat by someone gs scared to face as well) rocky fielding got offered the fight & didn't act like a btch so he got it,but ggg was on record doing same sht as usual,he demanded the same purse as last fight when he was overpaid & they gave him 45% just to get him to fight.

Do you truly believe ggg would suddenly negotiate differently than he always has? He has ALWAYS demanded far more than hes worth, which is why he sent canelo to a bogus purse bid in 2015 that would've entitled him to 45% he didn't deserve because of wbc's rules that stated his gifted jr trinket entitled him to 45% split.
                What I'm saying is there was 0 percent this fight was going to happen next. That's it. Don't look into it any more. Never said it was Canelo's fault or anyone's fault for that matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
                  canelo going to the ropes wasnt a plan imo, it was bad stamina... he just couldnt sustained what he did in the first 3 or 4 rounds, too much movement with too much weight on him...
                  He started that trend of going to the ropes as early as the the third round. That's pretty early to be just stamina.

Comment

• I hope Jacobs comes in looking like a beast like he did against GGG. He hasn’t looked as strong in last couple fights. Against Suleki he looked like a deflated version of what he was for GGG. I know he started working with Algeri on diet before G fight, but damn Chris, get that man some protein. Gonna need to be swole to withstand those Canelo shots. Gonna be a good one.

Comment

• --- Lessee, Canelo makes a Grade AAA+ Fight and the moaners start up with stamina, ninnygrams of a legal food chain substance, and judges.

You sweeties need to find a sport to better match your wetted panties.

Really!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X