No announcement yet.

Canelo, and his leverage, are rolling over GGG and DAZN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    You think Hearn and Gomez wouldn't have known from day one whether DAZN would approve a unification fight between Canelo and Andrade or not?

The very fact that they were discussing it proves they both knew it was a possibility.

correct !

Comment

• I wouldn't fret so much about it now because he will be out of a job soon anyway. Not only just with DAZN but with his failing and deteriorating health also.

His body is now showing signs of aging. There's no way he is going to be able fulfill that 11 fight $365mil deal by fighting only once a year; Which is not guaranteed.

If he doesn't fight then he doesn't get paid. It's just that simple

Comment

• Bossnelo..... doing his thang, getting ready for Kovalev

Hypekin..... kicking rocks, while begging for another handout

hey, funny story.....

back when Golovkin was being a dropkick to Ward..... Ward moved on to bigger and better things with Kovalev

now that Golovkin is being a dropkick to Canelo..... Canelo ALSO moved on to bigger and better things with Kovalev

wow, spooky

Comment

• Originally posted by Dyl-G View Post
          I agree that he only needs one contract at a time and you cant force anyone to fight anyone.

But the other side of that coin is; you cant expect people to pay him the kind of money he wants. Hence the issues in the first place. He wants to get paid to fight whoever he wants, the relationship between him and dazn is symbiotic. They need to benefit as well.

Im not going to speculate too much on the details of the contract because i really dont know. What i do know is that dazn has potential billions of dollars in financial backing. What does gbp have?

Dazn will survive whatever happens and im sure canelo will too. But you cant just constantly bite the hand that feeds you. How will the business world look at canelo and gbp if this massive deals falls out?
          You make good points.

Canelo fought Jacobs in his last fight. Who did GGG fight? Who gave DAZN the right to say you can only fight one of two people? What if Canelo wants Andrade or Charlo or Smith? It seems too arbitrary.

I don't care where Canelo fights or if the deal falls out. I'm not getting a cut.

I'm a fan of Canelo and I don't wanna see him fight Golovkin a 3rd time. The first two were more than enough. I didn't even want fight 2. Their styles didn't gel for me from round one.

Anyway, if they continue doing business together, it's just Canelo helping out GBP. Canelo is set for life.

Oscar is worried, though. He will be cornered with nowhere to take his small stable. He should try Showtime and do business with Haymon and others.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            You make good points.

Canelo fought Jacobs in his last fight. Who did GGG fight? Who gave DAZN the right to say you can only fight one of two people? What if Canelo wants Andrade or Charlo or Smith? It seems too arbitrary.

I don't care where Canelo fights or if the deal falls out. I'm not getting a cut.

I'm a fan of Canelo and I don't wanna see him fight Golovkin a 3rd time. The first two were more than enough. I didn't even want fight 2. Their styles didn't gel for me from round one.

Anyway, if they continue doing business together, it's just Canelo helping out GBP. Canelo is set for life.

Oscar is worried, though. He will be cornered with nowhere to take his small stable. He should try Showtime and do business with Haymon and others.

yep..... Golovkin, or Kovalev.....

but.....

the only way for Canelo to avoid being stripped by the IBF, aside from fighting their stupid mando..... is to fight Andrade or Charlo

so, when DAZN DEMANDED Golovkin..... either that, or a fight from left-field that nobody wanted, a fight that is TWO DIVISIONS north of where Canelo currently campaigns, and a fight that was HIGHLY unlikely to happen under the circumstances..... did they shove two fingers up Canelo's ass?

wtf ?

bye bye IBF title.....

now Canelo does not need to fight Andrade/Charlo

thanks IBF, thanks DAZN

" fans " who support sanctioning-bodies promoters and TV networks, need shooting..... they are the problem

what Canelo probably did by delaying his next fight until December..... is remove the mandatory deadline that is hanging over Kovalev..... and remove Kovalev's "I need more step-aside money for Yarde" excuse

it looks like Canelo will fight Kovalev in December

considering the somewhat bewildering decisions that DAZN made when finalizing Canelo's next opponent..... who will DAZN "approve" for Golovkin next, now that Canelo is officially unavailable?
            Last edited by aboutfkntime; 07-18-2019, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dyl-G View Post
              I dont think he will or gbp will ever be able to work out a deal again. My arugment is only that this whole ordeal only hurts his stock. I dont believe its him flexing his muscle, dominating negotiations and showing hes the one in control of everything
              How does it hurt his stock though?

DAZN tried to call a shot that wasn't theirs to call, and now have basically burned their Summer, and possibly the Fall.

So now, when Canelo gets his next talks going, I'd bet money that DAZN won't be demanding ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
                I didnt realize you were such a Saul loyalist. But good for you.
                I could care less about Golo or Saul. Just calling it like I see it. The fact is that Fielding was NO CHAMP, he was a bs trinket holder who got ktfo by the real champ (Smith). You talk a good game but your hate for a certain boxer who had a highly controversial draw and spilit decision loss to Saul and not wanting them to fight a 3rd time is hilarity. To say he has to earn it is even more comedy. But to each their own I guess.
                Fielding was more of a champ than Rolls. Fielding was a top ten fighter he had belt and was much, much bigger than Alvarez. I do not see what point you are trying to make by referring to Fields loss to Smith because in fact it bolsters the fact that he was a legit top 10 168lb fighter as he was good enough to get a title shot against Smith. Him losing does not mean anything.

I call bs that you could care less about Triple Tune-Up. You are obviously a GGG apologist. Everytime a poster uses facts to show Canelo has a better resume than Triple Tune-up and anytime any poster uses facts to show what a fraud Triple Tune-Up is people like you come along and try and change the subject, bring up strawman arguments, and use GGG lose and draw against Canelo as a reason he deserves yet another rematch.

If Triple Tune-Up wants another shot at Canelo maybe he should take a page out of Manuel Marquez's book and start fighting and beating top fighters then the public and Canelo will give him a rematch. The problem with you and GGG fans is that all of you are entitled babies and when you don't get your way you lash out just like you did with your reply to Bigdunny1.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Fckng bullshit!

This is what Hearn actually said about that so-called "offer"

"I spoke with Eric Gomez and [Golden Boy matchmaker] Robert Diaz and they asked if Demetrius would be available to fight Canelo in September," Hearn told ESPN on Wednesday. "The answer is a big yes and although I don't think we are first choice, it's the undisputed fight and one Demetrius would be 100 percent ready for. We will see what happens over the next few days."

And this was the response from Team Diva:

"Gomez acknowledged the discussion with Hearn but said Alvarez also has other options."
                  Aboutfckintime isn't abouttopost5hit with actual facts.

He is an emotional borderline r@tard
                  Last edited by Iron Fister; 07-20-2019, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NeloVsGGG-8 View Post
                    That’s been obvious lately, for sure.

Though your boy GGG has caused sensitive time in all this debacle.

People need to realize the worst case scenario is Canelo vs GGG 3 will never happen. It’s apparent that Canelo is not interested given GGG’s multi-deal.

And yes, the LDBC are really annoying as of late. They’re not even selling Haymon’s Thurman vs PAC.

It’s been a bad week tbh just because the Canelo date is postponed. Hopefully we get a GGG date vs an opponent everyone can appreciate.
                    Is that you Loeffler? Are you using your troll accounts to build up hype again.

Tell ggg to fight someone elite. Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iron Fister View Post
                      Aboutfckintime isn't abouttopost5hit with actual facts.

He is an emotional borderline r@tard
                      Coming from the guy who just makes up stuff.......i know you hate facts... I know you hate the truth.... Maybe you just hate yourself.....

Ggg ain't fighting anyone elite
                      Canelo is.

Facts

Comment

Working...
                      X