No announcement yet.

Mexican prospect Julio Ceja

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican prospect Julio Ceja

What are your thoughts on this kid? He has only just turned 20! 21-0 19K.Os fighting this weekend against Luis Melendez, a hard hitting Columbian you may recall fought Montiel some years back, also been in with the likes of Bakhtin, Gorres, Jesus Ruiz..

He looks very raw. Personally I feel he has some good qualities & would benefit from a new trainer, he has some horrible habits that need stamping out. Kind of get the impression he maybe a Thai boxing convert? Bouncing of the front foot, high guard with palms facing out, that weird ass whatever its called before he throws the jab. Tbh I've never really seen that before

Part 2...

Comment

Damn, just looked him up and he's got some pretty good win's on his record for a 20 year old prospect.

I remember watching Montiel vs Melendez on the versus channel, that fight is one of my all time favorite Wars. Hopefully this kid knock's him out and get's some airtime soon.

He fight's like an orthodox Ponce de Leon
      Last edited by UTEP; 11-21-2012, 09:27 AM.

Comment

I don't think he's that raw as you say. He does make some mistakes, kees his hands down at times when he throws the left hook to the body but I like his combinations, he throws a lot of different punches.

He has that trademark Mexico City stance and uses the right uppercut with the left hook.

He's still young though and they definitely need to work on the kids defense.

Comment

i like his combinations punches.

Comment

Kid looks sharp, I can't wait to see more of his future fights.

Comment

Any video on Saturdays fight of this kid? I can't find it anywhere on the web...

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
              X