No announcement yet.

Joshua vs Klitschko: Where's The Hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graz View Post
    Me too. I think the hype for Klitschko died after his fight with Fury.
    Styles make fights.

I remember LacedUp doing some excellent analysis of Wlad looking poor against movers. Joshua comes forward in straight lines with no head movement, and i think he's made to order for the Steelhammer. My only concern is Wlad's age & absence from the ring which admittedly is a big factor. If Wlad has anything left he bodies Joshua. Trust!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Don't think they need to do anything. Demand for tickets was insane, and it will draw a huge audience in both Germany and the UK. They could have done more to hype the US market but they don't seem bothered by that at all.
      The US markets dead. Recent PPV numbers has proven that. I wish it wasn't true but it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
        Me too. I think the hype for Klitschko died after his fight with Fury.
        Hype or no hype it doesnt matter, Wlad is a very good puncher, one of the best ever at it but he isnt an offensive minded fighter. When AJ lands on his, he will try and clinch, push his way to a win. That wont work against AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          Hype or no hype it doesnt matter, Wlad is a very good puncher, one of the best ever at it but he isnt an offensive minded fighter. When AJ lands on his, he will try and clinch, push his way to a win. That wont work against AJ.
          Agree. AJ is the new force to be reckoned with in the HW division.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
            Styles make fights.

I remember LacedUp doing some excellent analysis of Wlad looking poor against movers. Joshua comes forward in straight lines with no head movement, and i think he's made to order for the Steelhammer. My only concern is Wlad's age & absence from the ring which admittedly is a big factor. If Wlad has anything left he bodies Joshua. Trust!
            Thanks for the mention. And it's very true.

However, I kinda feel AJ is too strong for Wlad. I think klitschko will be surprised at how the jab will go through and the right hand bomb will follow quite well.

Ultimately I think AJ will win without Klitschko landing too much. but we'll see how it goes. Depends on how much K still has left.

Comment

The talented Klitschko brother retired years ago.

Comment

Luke Campbell vs Darleys Perez added

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                  I don't know, but I'm more hyped for Joshua vs. Wlad than any other announced fight this year.

Can't wait to see how much Klitschko has left in the tank.

if he gets back to his old form we'll be asleep by the 6th round! joshua will be wrapped up like a babushka. looking forward to it!

Comment

No US or Mexican (or based) fighters involved, so it somehow lacks the hype. It will be absolutely huge in UK. If AJ wins, Wilder-AJ will have much bigger impact in US.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                      Styles make fights.

all that deluded fanboy was trying to do was strengthen fury's win over wladimir's dead body. fury was on drugs to boot

klitschko is going to sleep in this one. maybe he stinks the joint out and gets retired in his corner. the guy doesn't throw punches any more! amazing that people forget that he used to actually punch. he's not going to be able to do anything with a strong, young fighter who can punch. you need to, you know, punch to deal with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X