No announcement yet.

No disrespect to Gonzalez but we need a non midget p4p #1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    That's why all this p4p talk is silly. It's fine in a boxing context but it's utterly stupid in reality.
    I don't mind the concept in theory, but the problem is it's literally impossible to measure P4P ability without biasing one weight class or another. If Gonzalez were the same size as Fury he'd be slow and sluggish, which would impact his ability in the ring. If Fury were the size of Chocolatito he'd be greased lightning and crisp as fcuk. Trouble is, people always want to keep a fighter's speed and coordination while magically upgrading their power to contend with higher weightclasses. That's unrealistic and never going to benefit the larger fighter.

The only way to really gauge P4P ability is if a fighter moves up and has success at higher weightclasses (proper ones, not the ridiculous quibbling lower weight ones). It's very difficult to rate a fighter P4P if they only fight in one weightclass.
    Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 04-23-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
      I don't mind the concept in theory, but the problem is it's literally impossible to measure P4P ability without biasing one weight class or another. If Gonzalez were the same size as Fury he'd be slow and sluggish, which would impact his ability in the ring. If Fury were the size of Chocolatito he'd be greased lightning and crisp as fcuk. Trouble is, people always want to keep a fighter's speed and coordination while magically upgrading their power to contend with higher weightclasses. That's unrealistic and never going to benefit the larger fighter.

The only way to really gauge P4P ability is if a fighter moves up and has success at higher weightclasses. It's very difficult to rate a fighter P4P if they only fight in one weightclass.
      That's the key word, impossible. There's absolutely no scientific basis for it. I find people on here take it way too seriously when in reality it's really stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
        He's the most explosive fighter currently in boxing. He's deceptively sound defensively and has a granite chin. If you use p4p by its historical definition then he's very easily a top three guy.
        Agreed.

I find him a joy to watch.

Comment

I don't see how roman can be p4p #1..

The guy hasn't faced a legit fighter in 4 years, and has been fighting a steady schedule of no-hopers, or old ancient names.. His last legit big win was estrada in 2012, right around the same time ward beat dawson. Thats a long time to not have any legit opponents,
          And its not like he doesn't have plenty of options- inoiu, ureungrang, iota, estrada, etc... there is probably about 7 or 8 legit fights for him ATM but he is once again fighting a guy with no chance... Im sure roman will look great destroying this guy and all the fanboys will go crazy

Comment

I agree.

P4P#1 always needs to be tall, black, rich, and slick. Gonzalez possesses none of those qualities.

Comment

Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post

The only way to really gauge P4P ability is if a fighter moves up and has success at higher weightclasses (proper ones, not the ridiculous quibbling lower weight ones). It's very difficult to rate a fighter P4P if they only fight in one weightclass.

Comment

Nobody wants to watch midget boxing

Which full sized boxer can overtake him?

Someone who displays more skills!
                Someone who has more power & speed!
                Someone who looks to stop their opponents every second of the round!
                Someone who shows up in top condition and works to stop & break down opponents.

Some folks only see size and colors, those are the ones with limited knowledge
                of the sport. If the stats read 6'3" 225lbs then they "know"!
                If they actually have to study techniques it's plain to see they know NOTHING! It's the Elroid Syndrome!!!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
                  There's no reality in which Pacquiao was ever a more skilled and capable fighter than: Floyd, Ward, Golovkin, JMM, or Wlad but he was ranked higher on many lists for years.

Come with something better than that.

Shucks - you got me! It's irrefutable.

#FuryP4Pking

Comment

lol the whole concept pf p4p is....nevermind

Comment

Working...
                    X