Collapse
No announcement yet.

can we just get rid of 140 altogether?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't we get rid of 160 too. Too many weak fighters there. 168 is good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      ive never been as serious....
      You should know Diaz didn't really lose to Peterson, who was significantly bigger. Diaz is not rubbish. I'd say he's a much better boxer than someone like Billy Joe Saunders for instance.

Comment

Comment

I agree. At least until Lomachenko moves up to that weight.

Comment

Damn dude...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              They should get rid of every division below 126.
              What benefit would that serve? Nobody is forcing you to watch them. The junior divisions, on the other hand, water down the talent pool.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                They should get rid of every division below 126.
                So you don't like fights like Morales vs Barrera.

Comment

If there were no Jr divisions then Loma would be at 135 having his hands full with much larger guys that can punch like Beltran and Garcia. Walters would have gotten destroyed at lightweight. Does anybody really think Walters would have finished the fight on his feet against Beltran.

Comment

That means that someone who is starting to struggle making lightweight has to bang 12 pounds on before they can move up in weight. Doesn't make too much sense to me because 140 has always gave us good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      this division is a waste of space, always has been. had ricky hatton and danny garcia looking like kings in that division before they went to welter.

Yeah crawfords looking the business but the fighters in this division are god damn awful. Indongo was tripping over his own feet against burns. Diaz lost to shot peterson and hes rubbish, dont care about his amateur record or whatever, hes rubbish. Postol, well he gets hyped up but who did he beat, past prime matthyse? Well so did judah, alexander and garcia. Again, i said before the crawford fight he didnt look much good.

Just get rid of the weight class completely cause fighters just hide there, picking off subpar opposition. 147 always has been better and always will be, thats where the real fighters fight at, and if crawford wants to prove himself thats where hes got to go.
                      Agree. He's a mw in the ring. Until he moves up to 147 we won't know how good he really is.

Comment

Working...
                      X