No announcement yet.

Usyk at HW.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    IF he can get rid of the amateur style of scoring punches then i would favour him over Joshua and wilder.

Of course taking punches from a big puncher in glowacki and taking punches from a legit big hitting HW are very different, however i think he is good enough to go 12 round's not taking a flush haymaker and would school them imo.
    Is Wilder that much bigger than Glowacki, Wilder weighs about 220 right ? And he's a skinny maggot at that, those lil bambi legs can't weigh no more than 10lb's each.

Comment

I must of misssed that, because i saw a fight where a feared champion in glowacki lost every single round in a shutout 12-0 victory.
      Let me rephrase, Usyk outboxed the living daylights out of Glowacki, but even when he blocked his heavy punches he was pushed back quite a bit. There were multiple moments when it looked like Glowacki was throwing him around like a rag doll.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
        Let me rephrase, Usyk outboxed the living daylights out of Glowacki, but even when he blocked his heavy punches he was pushed back quite a bit. There were multiple moments when it looked like Glowacki was throwing him around like a rag doll.
        I think he just decided he didnt need to get involved in glowacki's kind of fight and could win easily if he boxed.

I think he CAN fight both way's if need be, the problem is.. if he can totally get rid of some of his amateur habits ( like loma has) or not...

I don't think his frame would look unnatural with an extra 20 lbs either...
        IF he does unify cruiser within a year, which is not IF it's when.
        Then the possibility of him entering the party at HW leaves me drooling tbh...

Comment

1) it wasn't a robbery

2) hes not very good hes absolutely terrible, robotic and flat footed.
          trust me joe joyce is the real deal, hopefully he turns pro soon. Most talented heavyweight ive seen for a long time. And mate that was a bad robbery, no doubt about it, joe boxed out of his skin.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
            trust me joe joyce is the real deal, hopefully he turns pro soon. Most talented heavyweight ive seen for a long time. And mate that was a bad robbery, no doubt about it, joe boxed out of his skin.
            Noway is Joyce that talented, he just isn't on that level but yeah, he was definitely robbed in the Olympic final. The french guy didn't throw any punches for two rounds yet still won. It was a shame but the controversy was not quite as pronounced as two or three other robberies in that olympic boxing tourney. I think the reason for that was probably to try and downplay how poor the judging had been throughout.

In terms of Usyk, he would move up and if he could maintain his speed, be an absolute handful but he would simply lose to the much, much bigger men in Fury and AJ. Maybe Wilders power could trouble him.

Anyway, Usyk said he'd move up in 2018, that's a tentative statement and the heavyweight division could be very different by then.

Comment

Usyk's movement would give Wilder a bit of trouble early on but Wilder's size and power would ultimately overwhelm Usyk. Usyk wouldn't know how to adjust as the smaller fighter, he's big at CW, but not HW. He doesn't have the defense either, he should stay at 190.

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
              Is Wilder that much bigger than Glowacki, Wilder weighs about 220 right ? And he's a skinny maggot at that, those lil bambi legs can't weigh no more than 10lb's each.

Wilder fights around 226-230, he looked in great shape against Arreola. A lighter weight actually helps Wilder catch Usyk easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                Usyk's movement would give Wilder a bit of trouble early on but Wilder's size and power would ultimately overwhelm Usyk. Usyk wouldn't know how to adjust as the smaller fighter, he's big at CW, but not HW. He doesn't have the defense either, he should stay at 190.
                Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                He handled the punches of two time world amateur champion Medzhidov along with Nistor. Joshua on the other hand couldn't (with headgear which Usyk didn't have in WSB) Nistor stopped him and Medzhidov rocked him, buckled his legs many times on his way to winning. Usyk also outclassed the 6'6 250lb Fa who holds two wins over Parker.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post

Wilder fights around 226-230, he looked in great shape against Arreola. A lighter weight actually helps Wilder catch Usyk easier.
                  I don't think he'd have to go looking for him Usyk would take the fight to Deontay.

Comment

I think he has success vs the more static footed guys like Joshua or Ortiz, but struggles with someone like Fury who moves well on the outside.

Be very intereting to see these HWs pushed at a high pace for 12 rounds. But then maybe the drain of fighting bigger men wears him down physically and mentally? I want to find out thats for sure

I think he could comfortably get to 220lbs or so without losing too much in the way of movement or athleticism. Judging by the heavyweight limit fights he has had so far, he weighs about 210lbs or so now.

Plenty of good fights left at Cruiser so i hope he doesnt rush up

Edit: must have been thinking of another fighter there. His max weight so far is 206lbs.
                    Last edited by Tom Cruise; 12-14-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                      He handled the punches of two time world amateur champion Medzhidov along with Nistor. Joshua on the other hand couldn't (with headgear which Usyk didn't have in WSB) Nistor stopped him and Medzhidov rocked him, buckled his legs many times on his way to winning. Usyk also outclassed the 6'6 250lb Fa who holds two wins over Parker.
                      He was dropped by a body shot and rocked with head shots against Beterbiev, if it was a pro fight he'd have been stopped. Usyk has very little head movement, his defense relies on bouncing up and down with that jab, to the body to the head, he keeps guys at distance. Joshua started boxing late in life, his, Wilder's, Parker's styles all favor the pros as well, Usyk's is tailored more towards the amateurs.

I don't see Usyk having the jab, power, or defense to beat any elite HW's.

Comment

Working...
                      X