Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook: I'd Like To Smack Adrien Broner About, Give Beating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    May 5, 2015:

Brook, 29, is then set to face former champion Brandon Rios in a summer show in England that would put him on the radar in the US.

Pacquiao's promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank also looks after Rios and revealed he is in negotiations with Eddie Hearn.

He said: "Absolutely he could fight Pacquiao.

"I've never met Kell but I know Eddie very well and I've done business for years with Barry his father so they're good friends of mine."

Pacquiao is expected to undergo surgery on the torn ligaments in his shoulder that hampered his chances against Floyd Mayweather Jr on Saturday night.

That would mean six months out but the clash could happen early next year.

http://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum-...int_friendly=1
    Dont' know the relevance of this post in response to the link I posted, which was more recent. Obviously, Arum didn't like the way Hearn treated the Rios negotiations in which team Brook dumped a lot of roadblocks in it when in reality it was Hearn who expressed interest in Rios and initiated the talks. It became clear to me that Hearn was using Rios (similar to Chaves') to lure Khan. Much like using Donaire to lure Frampton.

http://www.boxingscene.com/nonito-do...ay-fall--90194

http://www.boxingscene.com/donaire-a...ontract--95923

To be fair, many promoters do it, ie, "you're not the only choice for my boy, so you better accept our terms."

But Hearn elevated it in another level where he actually waste people's time making a semblance of real negotiation taking place. You should be familiar with Hearn's tactics by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mpower View Post
      Oh yes of course, dan, Gavin and Bizier on the other hand are household names in England.

Absolutely ridiculous. That goes for Boxingfan4life too.
      Blame the IBF for Bizier and Dan, they were mandatories.

Frankie Gavin is much better known than Spence in the UK...

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
        Exactly, Spence is a complete unknown in the UK. He brings nothing to the table except being a risky fight.
        Let's face it, Garcia is an unknown in the UK too. Who is he known by? I'll tell you who, serious boxing fans. The same serious boxing fans who are now raving about Spence.

I hate all this crap that gets spouted about impressive new fighters – 'Oh, he isn't known yet!' GTFOH. Go into any pub, speak to any sports fan in the UK and unless they're serious boxing fans, or at least watch the sport regularly and keep their ear to the grindstone, they won't know who the F Danny Garcia or Adrien Broner is! They only know Khan, Haye, Mayweather, Joshua, Frampton... Big, big fighters who are crossover stars, who make up column inches and appear in non-sports TV programmes.

The fact is, Brook-Spence can EASILY be built up as a huge fight in the UK. With Matchroom and Sky's clout, they can promote the fight as a massive world title bout between two feared, power-punching unbeaten talents in the welterweight division. They can talk up the fact that Spence comprehensively trashed Algieri, a guy Amir Khan struggled with, a guy Pacquiao failed to KO. It can be a blockbuster fight, so don't give me that crap about Spence being 'a complete unknown'. Sports fans are gullible, they can be sold a package. Just look at how successful Joshua-Martin was. No1 knew who the F Martin was, but the fight was branded and sold to the masses and they ate that **** up.

Brook-Spence is a legit fight and can easily be marketed to the fans. I don't blame Hearn/Kell for wanting Garcia because it's an EASIER FIGHT, and also because Garcia holds a belt so it could potentially be a unification, but let's get it right: Brook v Spence could do solid numbers in the UK on PPV, especially if there's a strong undercard, maybe with DeGale or Selby defending their title on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
          Let's face it, Garcia is an unknown in the UK too. Who is he known by? I'll tell you who, serious boxing fans. The same serious boxing fans who are now raving about Spence.

I hate all this crap that gets spouted about impressive new fighters – 'Oh, he isn't known yet!' GTFOH. Go into any pub, speak to any sports fan in the UK and unless they're serious boxing fans, or at least watch the sport regularly and keep their ear to the grindstone, they won't know who the F Danny Garcia or Adrien Broner is! They only know Khan, Haye, Mayweather, Joshua, Frampton... Big, big fighters who are crossover stars, who make up column inches and appear in non-sports TV programmes.

The fact is, Brook-Spence can EASILY be built up as a huge fight in the UK. With Matchroom and Sky's clout, they can promote the fight as a massive world title bout between two feared, power-punching unbeaten talents in the welterweight division. They can talk up the fact that Spence comprehensively trashed Algieri, a guy Amir Khan struggled with, a guy Pacquiao failed to KO. It can be a blockbuster fight, so don't give me that crap about Spence being 'a complete unknown'. Sports fans are gullible, they can be sold a package. Just look at how successful Joshua-Martin was. No1 knew who the F Martin was, but the fight was branded and sold to the masses and they ate that **** up.

Brook-Spence is a legit fight and can easily be marketed to the fans. I don't blame Hearn/Kell for wanting Garcia because it's an EASIER FIGHT, and also because Garcia holds a belt so it could potentially be a unification, but let's get it right: Brook v Spence could do solid numbers in the UK on PPV, especially if there's a strong undercard, maybe with DeGale or Selby defending their title on there.
          Sorry but there is a huge difference in marketability between Danny Garcia and Spence.

1) Garcia is known to UK fans for knocking Khan out.
          2) He's fought tons of big names and held world titles at 2 different weights. Spence has beaten 1 fringe contender and held no (meaningful) titles.

Brook-Spence certainly isn't an easy PPV to sell in the UK either. I'm not saying they won't make it or that they shouldn't. All I am saying is there is much less risky fights out there for him in bigger fights. Danny Garcia is a MUCH bigger fight as is Broner.
          Last edited by diarraisagod; 04-20-2016, 03:01 PM.

Comment

such a tough guy brook...fight a guy who started at 130 and only has a couple welterweight fights yet dont even mention anyone in the top ten of your own division

Brook needs the STFU until he stops fights Jo Jo dans and Bizier types.

I knew once he fought Porter that would be his last decent opponent for sometime....just didnt think Years

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
              Blame the IBF for Bizier and Dan, they were mandatories.

Frankie Gavin is much better known than Spence in the UK...
              Erm, Spence is also Brook's mandatory. That's the point here, he's a mandatory that Brook will duck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mpower View Post
                Erm, Spence is also Brook's mandatory. That's the point here, he's a mandatory that Brook will duck.
                From what I've read he isn't mandatory yet.

The Sky website says....

But the IBF has informed Spence Jr that he must face Konstantin Ponomarev in a final eliminator for a shot at Brook's title.

IBF championships chairman Lindsey E Tucker told Sky Sports: "Errol Spence is the No 2 contender.

"We just ordered Errol Spence and the No 3 contender Konstantin Ponomarev to start negotiating for the eliminator for the No 1 and the mandatory position."

Also, your point is that you're complaining because you think Brook will do something that he is yet to do? He hasn't ducked Spence or any other mandatory. Just because his team are unlikely to be thrilled about the fight doesn't mean they won't do it if it's mandated.

But of course they'd rather fight Garcia, Broner, Bradley, Cotto, Pacquiao and Khan. Probably even Vargas too.

Comment

Blown up JWWs like Broner and Paulie are fine, but Spence? Nah, not well known enough. Spence has far more hype now than Jo Jo Dan or Carson Jones. What a clown. With a resume this bad, he has no excuses.

Comment

soft Kell wants to talk not fight in typical brit manner all BS

Brit Kell Brook talks but does not want to fight anyone tough that is boxing in the UK and always has been. Brits are a scared frightened weak sappy people. Brits are fun to laugh at and make jokes about. Hail to that 100 yr old dried out prune hag queen whatever.

Comment

Brook is wasting his career. even Zaveck fought guys like Berto, Thurman, Lara. There are no excuses for Brook.

Comment

Working...
                      X