3rd Amateur Fight - Split Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The
    Originally posted by tcbender View Post
    Thanks man. He definitely was pretty skilled, and was trying to pressure/bully me I felt like.

You don't get a great view with, but I kinda gassed myself a bit chasing a followup after I hit him hard in the third a couple times. Then I was loading up on that right hand over and over again which he started to duck. I was seeing red at that point and didn't realize I should've thrown the uppercut.

I also mostly battled with losing the weight, so I wasn't able to do really any sprints the last two weeks beforehand like I usually would. Had to stick to the diet and long distance runs pretty much up until 2 days before the fight.
    I think battling with weight sometimes can be bad in ams as it is same day weigh in.
    Try to keep that weight always down to your fighting weight, and if you can't, move up.

Yeah so.it seems like you gassed trying to get a kill that was not going to happen, that's a mistake.
    Then he probably won the 3rd being more active than you being tired which probably cost you the fight because had you win the 3rd it was a clear UD for you.

Had you a bit more of control behind a jab, and so keeping a bit more your energy you would have win that fight.

Work the bag like a ******, watch how Loma or Floyd work the bag, they control the effort while working a lot, they do variations of level, power and speed.
    Especially Floyd's work is good for stamina, working in rythm, always chin tucked down...

I have been an amateur beginner too, and I had the same record as you 1-2 after 3 fights, the main reason why we loses those fights are robbery lol or gassing out after 5 minutes, which is ridiculous when you think about it...

Either we are not well enough prepared or we lose too much energy in a useless way, probably both.

So yeah, work that department while nor forgetting the rest, maybe next time you will face a puncher and defense will be the key...but there you better not gass out too lol
    Last edited by BillyBoxing; 04-05-2019, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      The

I think battling with weight sometimes can be bad in ams as it is same day weigh in.
      Try to keep that weight always down to your fighting weight, and if you can't, move up.

Yeah so.it seems like you gassed trying to get a kill that was not going to happen, that's a mistake.
      Then he probably won the 3rd being more active than you being tired which probably cost you the fight because had you win the 3rd it was a clear UD for you.

Had you a bit more of control behind a jab, and so keeping a bit more your energy you would have win that fight.

Work the bag like a ******, watch how Loma or Floyd work the bag, they control the effort while working a lot, they do variations of level, power and speed.
      Especially Floyd's work is good for stamina, working in rythm, always chin tucked down...

I have been an amateur beginner too, and I had the same record as you 1-2 after 3 fights, the main reason why we loses those fights are robbery lol or gassing out after 5 minutes, which is ridiculous when you think about it...

Either we are not well enough prepared or we lose too much energy in a useless way, probably both.

So yeah, work that department while nor forgetting the rest, maybe next time you will face a puncher and defense will be the key...but there you better not gass out too lol
      Yeah my last fight was at 165, I weighed in fully clothed with shoes on at about 162.5 or so. I only had about 4 weeks to cut the weight so that was a bit of a challenge, but I definitely think it will be a good move in the long run, and now that I'm down here I can maintain and continue to build up this lighter frame.

I definitely made a bit of a mistake and got too overzealous, I also was throwing the right hand with a bit more Umph throughout the whole fight , more so than I usually would in sparring .

I'm definitely going to be incorporated more sprints before my next fight as my weight is still pretty good, and I'll be adding 3 rds of heavy bag after each sparring session. I'm going to make sure that I throw those 3 rds non stop and with power.

I'm not worried about my record yet, more so worried about continuing to learn and grow and about my performance. I felt good with my performance, more good takeaways from that fight than bad and will keep coming back stronger and more prepared.

Thanks for your time and the great contributions my bruddha!

Comment

Originally posted by scbb View Post
        Why only 2 minute rounds?
        It's amateur. We used to fight 3 minute rounds in the open class only. But I believe that has changed too. …..Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          It's amateur. We used to fight 3 minute rounds in the open class only. But I believe that has changed too. …..Rockin'
          Tournament bouts are 3 minute rounds, otherwise they are 1 1/2 or 2 minute long rounds. They ask each fighter/coach before the fight, so far I've always said 2 minutes, but have seen some ppl do 1:30 rds.

Comment

Working...
          X