Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jessie Vargas Confident That He Can Put Keith Thurman To Sleep!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
    Vargas is just one of those guys who floats around the division and maybe on his very best day presents some kind of problem for a top level fighter. But 95% of the time he is a risk free opponent for 'stay busy' fights for the top guys.
    He is a top guy??? I can name maybe 6-7 better in a REALLY stacked division??? U make it sound like hes not even a top 20??

Comment

I don't think Thurman would take on Vargas on his 1st fight back after surgery. It would be a real measuring stick of where he's at in his rehab, but he could underestimate Vargas and lose his title! Vargas is not worth the risk! Now if this was Pacquiao, it would be worth it! If it was Broner, it would be worth it! I don't know how much following Skeete has in the UK, but maybe he would be worth it? Other than that, I think Thurman should have a "tune-up," and not face the WBC #4 contender, Jessie Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        He is a top guy??? I can name maybe 6-7 better in a REALLY stacked division??? U make it sound like hes not even a top 20??
        No, he is NOT a top fighter in the division.

There is nothing to support the theory that he is, or ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
          he's basically Robert Guerrero.
          Vargas is like 5'11 and 28 years old. He's no Guerrero. I think Thurman would be foolish to take on Vargas as his 1st fight back off injury. Might end up like Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
            Vargas is like 5'11 and 28 years old. He's no Guerrero. I think Thurman would be foolish to take on Vargas as his 1st fight back off injury. Might end up like Ali.
            I'm referring to the original comment that vargas is the type of fighter who can give the top guys a good scrap but more often than not will be a stepping stone or stay busy opponent for the elite. That's the type of career guerrero had and the type vargas likely will have as well. He already has losses to pac and Bradley, doubt he's good enough to beat Thurman, Spence, Crawford, garcia, etc

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
              No, he is NOT a top fighter in the division.

There is nothing to support the theory that he is, or ever will be.
              Show me an experts list at WW with Vargas not being in top 10.

You have jack sht support your theory in him sucking so bad.

What je lost to Pac and Bradley??? Are they scrubs also???

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                If odds right im betting Vargas to beat Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                  practically everyone hurt timmy except rios. jv aint hurting anyone.
                  How many loses does TB have not by Manny Pac???

Comment

This will probably be Thurman's comeback fight. Might as well take it and get it over with. Vargas won't KO Thurman. And if he does then Thurman never had a chance of going the distance with the King of the Welterweight division Errol Spence.

Comment

Vargas has the tools to mix it up with anyone willing to bang. Style wise I think Thurman would be a terrible opponent for him. Thurman won’t be there to get hit, specially after a long layoff. If Thurman returns and fights like he did against Swift, Vargas doesn’t stand a chance. It’s a difficult fight for anyone. I’d give him a better chance if he was going up against One Time. Thurman hasn’t been that version of himself in a couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                      X