No announcement yet.

Bradley/his TR contract

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    bradley can still fight cotto, canelo, khan and brook without ever leaving TR, so again, why would he do that?

Edit: not to mention a Vargas rematch if Vargas beats Brook.
    Add the winner of Postol vs Crawford too. Bradley is fine with top rank but i wouldn't mind him if he goes to haymon stable to fight guys like Thurman, Danny, and Porter

Comment

So I've probably made about 4-5 threads about Tim Bradley and his contract with Top Rank over the last 4-5 years, pretty much the same thing was said in this thread as those.

"Bradley has done well for himself doe" "Arum treating him good doe" and etc

For once I can agree that he should just stay with Top Rank, he's past his prime, 3 losses on his record, 1 draw to a C level fighter.

There once was a time when I felt like Bradley could easily have cleaned out Haymon and Golden Boy stable, with the exception of Pac and Floyd he would have been unstoppable, but now time has truly passed.

So I can say I no longer care to see him in the ring with non of the young lions over at PBC or such.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
        But despite those millions, he always says he wants to fight the best... and the best are with PBC right now.
        every fighters will say they want to fight the best.

put it this way, if u got promoted at work and now your doing easy work and getting pay double, are you gonna go out of your way to find more work to do? no!

bradley is in a position where he's making good money regardless of who he's fighting. so i dont think he's gonna leave top rank just so he can fight different opponents and possibly get pay less in return.

money is the key, up and coming fighters will say its not about the money and that they want to fight the best to prove that they're the best but once they start making that money, everything changes.

Comment

Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
          So I've probably made about 4-5 threads about Tim Bradley and his contract with Top Rank over the last 4-5 years, pretty much the same thing was said in this thread as those.

"Bradley has done well for himself doe" "Arum treating him good doe" and etc

For once I can agree that he should just stay with Top Rank, he's past his prime, 3 losses on his record, 1 draw to a C level fighter.

There once was a time when I felt like Bradley could easily have cleaned out Haymon and Golden Boy stable, with the exception of Pac and Floyd he would have been unstoppable, but now time has truly passed.

So I can say I no longer care to see him in the ring with non of the young lions over at PBC or such.
          i think bradley is still very capable of beating a lot and maybe even clean out the PBC fighters. bradley loss to manny so u shouldnt take too much away from that. look at what bradley did to regular guys like rios. people like to say its because thats rios, but who has done that to rios though? style makes fight. sure, bradley looked bad against a few fighters with a lesser name but thats because of the style match up.

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
            i think bradley is still very capable of beating a lot and maybe even clean out the PBC fighters. bradley loss to manny so u shouldnt take too much away from that. look at what bradley did to regular guys like rios. people like to say its because thats rios, but who has done that to rios though? style makes fight. sure, bradley looked bad against a few fighters with a lesser name but thats because of the style match up.
            You make good points.

It's just that people were so concerned about Bradleys pockets instead of daring him to be great like they dared Floyd, Pac, and Bradley could have been a ATG without beating a Floyd or Pac.
            Now he is more of a legend, maybe hall of famer

Just not sure he wants any problems with the Spence's, Brooks and maybe even Khans of the world. Not at this age and stage of his career.

Comment

he has earned millions with TR and had bigger, more meaningful fights than any haymon welter so na, going with haymon does jack all for his career
              He lost 3 of those 4 meaningful fights lol. Tr helped his bank account but not his legacy

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                Dammit. So no Thurman, Porter, Garcia, Khan, Spence, Guerrero...

I guess the most I can hope for is Brook. There's no-one in the TR stable that'll earn him a big payday.
                The only one of those guys you named that would bring Tim the $ that he is used to is Garcia and Tims not the kinda guy Garcia is looking to fight. I am sure Thurman would price himself out, Porter, Spence, and Guerrero would probably take the fight but their not in Bradleys radar and benefit him in no way at this point of his career. Honestly Bradley is pretty much a Hall of famer, a title at 154 would guarantee his induction, I am sure he'd take a lil over a million to grab a title at 154 than take 2 to fight a PBC fighter thatll get him nowhere. If Liam Smith wins at 154, thatd be a credible/winnable fight for Tim and its a WBO match-up so I am sure Arum could work that out.

Comment

Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
                  Add the winner of Postol vs Crawford too. Bradley is fine with top rank but i wouldn't mind him if he goes to haymon stable to fight guys like Thurman, Danny, and Porter
                  Forgot about TC. All these guys will be more accomplished than Porter and Thurman, if they aren't already.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                    He lost 3 of those 4 meaningful fights lol. Tr helped his bank account but not his legacy
                    Bradley became the best LWW on the planet with TR, best Pacquiao (sorta lol) lost in subsequent rematches as did Morales, Marquez and Barrera and put on great fights against Provo and Chaves and comprehensively outboxed JMM and Vargas. That's a damn good legacy right there.

What should he have done? Not fought the best opposition, which is what Thurman and Gracia have been doing for years now?

Comment

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
                      Bradley became the best LWW on the planet with TR, best Pacquiao (sorta lol) lost in subsequent rematches as did Morales, Marquez and Barrera and put on great fights against Provo and Chaves and comprehensively outboxed JMM and Vargas. That's a damn good legacy right there.

What should he have done? Not fought the best opposition, which is what Thurman and Gracia have been doing for years now?
                      Bradley moved up to WW (never mind about Casamayor) and signed with TR after he was done with Gary Shaw at LWW. Just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                      X