No announcement yet.

A look back at Vitali Klitschko vs. Hasim Rahman: the fight that never was

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    Yeah he looks like a little slut you can just rag doll, I bet he would scream like a woman the instant he was penetrated.

Comment

The notion that Vitali Klitschko, the most dominant heavyweight of the early 21st century would, for some reason, be afraid of a limited brawler such as Hasim Rahman is beyond me. Vitali, who had just a year and a half earlier given Lewis the fight of his life, was at a career high in 2004. He had, to some extent, put to rest the mishap of the Byrd fight and against Lewis showed great heart. A Rahman fight would have made big money and in reality, would have been an easy win for big brother Klitschko. Why he would avoid this fight if it wasn't for an actual injury is pure fantasy.

Pay offs, fake injuries, fear, these are the mumblings of a dissatisfied boxing public, eager for anything juicy in a division long devoid of juice. Rahman had nothing in his arsenal to hurt a prime Vitali, not even the punch that had ripped out Lewis' heart.

Comment

I believe Vitali just didn't want to work with Don king at the time, Rahman was promoted by King and the klitschko's hate working with King especially in those days.

Comment

Rahman wouldn't have the chance that he had (and used) against Lennox. Vitali's chin is superior to Lennox's and I doubt that punch that KOed Lennox would KO Vitali..

Comment

Originally posted by MisterHardtop View Post
            The notion that Vitali Klitschko, the most dominant heavyweight of the early 21st century would, for some reason, be afraid of a limited brawler such as Hasim Rahman is beyond me. Vitali, who had just a year and a half earlier given Lewis the fight of his life, was at a career high in 2004. He had, to some extent, put to rest the mishap of the Byrd fight and against Lewis showed great heart. A Rahman fight would have made big money and in reality, would have been an easy win for big brother Klitschko. Why he would avoid this fight if it wasn't for an actual injury is pure fantasy.

Pay offs, fake injuries, fear, these are the mumblings of a dissatisfied boxing public, eager for anything juicy in a division long devoid of juice. Rahman had nothing in his arsenal to hurt a prime Vitali, not even the punch that had ripped out Lewis' heart.
            Good post, chap.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterHardtop View Post

Rahman had a punchers chance. Vitali also had injuries. Thing is, noone expected Rahman to destroy Lewis like that, and so I think its the same thing. Noone would expect him to beat Vitali either. I personally think the Lewis glass chin is a myth

Comment

What happened was pretty obvious IMO.

Vitali once quit on his stool because of an injury and got a lot of **** for it. He learned his lesson, and wasn't going to go back into the ring unless he was 100% again.

Vitali had just mashed Williams (who KOd Tyson in his often forgotten previous fight) and Rahman was washed the **** up already. It would be like Vitali retiring so he wouldnt have to fight Oliver Mccall or some ****. Its pure fantasy. Vitali was frustrated by injuries and Lennox dipped out on him and retired, so he chose to let little Wlad step up while he went off to (attempt to) become boss hog in Kiev.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  In all fairness, Vitali would have wiped the floor with Rahman just like Lewis did in the second fight. I do actually believe he was injured, and in my opinion really had nothing to be scared off.

Rahman is a pretty limited fighter with a punch. You need more than that to beat Vitali, unless Vitali showed up in the sort of shape (of mind and body) Lewis showed up in.

All in all, Vitali KO7.
                  yea,,,vitali's accurate punching coupled with rahman's horrible defense would have made it target practice for vitali. horrible styles matchup for rahman

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    Rahman had a punchers chance. Vitali also had injuries. Thing is, noone expected Rahman to destroy Lewis like that, and so I think its the same thing. Noone would expect him to beat Vitali either. I personally think the Lewis glass chin is a myth
                    He didn't have a glass chin, it just wasn't particularly strong either.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=612586

Comment

Working...
                      X