No announcement yet.

Did Vitali duck Hasim Rahman in 2005?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Vitali duck Hasim Rahman in 2005?

Prior to his original retirement, Vitali was scheduled to fight Rahman in 2005, before announcing his retirement. Was this a duck from Vitali's side? Some whispers has beeing going around the forums ever since, that Vitali actually ducked Rahman. Let's vote and get this clear!
    Yes, clearly.
    70.27%
    No, Vitali retired due to injuries.
    29.73%

Forgot to make the vote public, but please do state your argument if you vote in this thread.

Comment

Obsess much?

Comment

i can't remember the exact timeline, but vitali went several years without being able to make it through training camp.

he had issues with his knees, back, and hands, if memory serves right.

they were legit injuries. his massive body was breaking down.

Comment

He wasn't as mobile in sparring due to his knee, was going to fight but I believe Manny amongst others advised him not to. So got surgery, healed, came back and beat a better fighter in Peter.

Comment

Rahman would have gotten crushed either way. Vital couldve ate his best punches and destroyed him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
              Rahman would have gotten crushed either way. Vital couldve ate his best punches and destroyed him.

Agree completely, seems absurd someone would actually claim Vitali ducked Rahman.

Comment

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post

Agree completely, seems absurd someone would actually claim Vitali ducked Rahman.
                Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Well indeed I do, thank you for asking.

While I respect Vittles the man, he is a steroid cheat. And while I admire his glossy record, he has fought a bunch of stiffs, ducked Rahman and didn't try to avenge his quit job to Byrd. He will make a fine politician one day though as he I already comfortable deceiving people.

:bukkake:

Comment

That Jab5239 is a troll who thinks Vinny Paz is a great fighter.

Comment

Is avoiding the same as ducking?

Comment

Working...
                    X