Collapse
No announcement yet.

This cruiserweight tournament is ****ing great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruiserweights are great and very competitive. The tragedy is I watched it on a laptop. What I got to watch on my television was 2 terrible mismatches on ESPN....

Comment

Slightly off topic but i saw this on Twitter from a guy who writes for Bad Left Hook :

@ TomCraze
      Have it on good word that one of the next WBSS tournaments will be at light-heavyweight.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        They werent very good fights, then again I've probably seen more of the sport so I have a better perspective.
        No, you're just a dip****.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          Another great fight last night. Unbeaten prime fighters putting it on the line in the semi finals and now we've got the prospect of a gassiev usyk final, two guys with contrasting styles but all the talent in the world. Will admit I've been ignorant of the cruisers in the past as it's traditionally seen as the heavyweights poorer relative but these guys are top fighters and it's arguably the best weight class at the moment. People can say 175 and 147 are the most talented , but they aren't fighting each other. Props to all the guys in the tournament and I think usyk is gonna edge the final in another entertaining fight.
          The WBSS is the best thing in boxing. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            Rigo don’t have the chin.. do you understand how goat Dorticos chin is??
            wth talking about their chin
            i said mental
            rigo quit, but doritos never stopped coming forward

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
              Slightly off topic but i saw this on Twitter from a guy who writes for Bad Left Hook :

@ TomCraze
              Have it on good word that one of the next WBSS tournaments will be at light-heavyweight.
              I hope so

Only problem is, I can see everyone but Stevenson joining..

Comment

It's too bad about the TV access. Hopefully someone shows the final, that is an awesome matchup

Comment

It's incredible. Imagine if boxing was like this all the time. Instead of having people lecture you about Gary Russell Jr being a smart businessman.

Comment

If they were American you'd say they need to move up to a better weight class

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      Its great seeing the top cruisers all fight each other but there hasnt been a single fight approaching very good, let alone great.

Last night threatened to explode but Gassiev didnt follow up one of his power shots with a combination till the 11th round...the 11th lol As brave as Dorticos was, all he did was jab, right, jab. Gassiev did the same. It was too mechanical with little or no drama. I hope the final lives up to it.

The 168 tourney hasnt been that much better either but the semi is gonna be great!
                      People are criticising Dorticos for this and I think they're being a bit harsh. When you've got an 80" reach, it makes a ton of sense to use the jab and straight right as your main weapons. Klitschko had a ten year reign doing just this.

He did show a little variation in the first couple of rounds, throwing the odd body shot (which I agree he should have kept using)...but it's not like he's a totally basic fighter. He just sticks to the fundamentals because that's what suits him.

Just got beat by the better man in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X