No announcement yet.

This cruiserweight tournament is ****ing great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This cruiserweight tournament is ****ing great

Another great fight last night. Unbeaten prime fighters putting it on the line in the semi finals and now we've got the prospect of a gassiev usyk final, two guys with contrasting styles but all the talent in the world. Will admit I've been ignorant of the cruisers in the past as it's traditionally seen as the heavyweights poorer relative but these guys are top fighters and it's arguably the best weight class at the moment. People can say 175 and 147 are the most talented , but they aren't fighting each other. Props to all the guys in the tournament and I think usyk is gonna edge the final in another entertaining fight.

Kovalev would beat Gassiev. The Krusher is too fast and got power in both hands. The way Dorticos was throwing his jabs Kovalev would follow up with illusive hard shots. Can't wait until Kovalev moves to Cruiserweight.

Comment

Wish rigo has doritos's mentality

Comment

dude cruiserweight sucks ass put them against a heavy or light heavy they get beat

Comment

Originally posted by puro dinamita View Post
          dude cruiserweight sucks ass put them against a heavy or light heavy they get beat
          Murat Gassiev cleans all the light heavies.

Comment

Originally posted by vaynardevil View Post
            Wish rigo has doritos's mentality
            Rigo don’t have the chin.. do you understand how goat Dorticos chin is??

Comment

You understand the idiocy of that statement, right? You get the weight differentials involved? Adjusted for proportion your statement was essentially this:

'Dude JMW sucks ass, put them in with Light-heavies or drain 'em down to 135 and they get beat'

Comment

assess them for cruiserweights, plus that fight was great...OP is righ the tournament is great

Comment

Cruiserweight gets a bad rap and wrongfully seen as a pit-stop between HW. Imagine if other divisions like LHW and Welterweight were seen as poor mans CW and LMW respectfully?

The day any of the top HWs can make CW I'll retract the statement - there are weight classes for a reason and yet Cruiserweights are held to an unfair and different standard. Some CWs are just built for that weight and can remain there their entire careers.

I think the name 'Cruiserweight' does the division injustice, it should really be re-named Light Heavyweight so as not to be seen as some in-the-middle division when it is totally it's own weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                    Cruiserweight gets a bad rap and wrongfully seen as a pit-stop between HW. Imagine if other divisions like LHW and Welterweight were seen as poor mans CW and LMW respectfully?

The day any of the top HWs can make CW I'll retract the statement - there are weight classes for a reason and yet Cruiserweights are held to an unfair and different standard. Some CWs are just built for that weight and can remain there their entire careers.

I think the name 'Cruiserweight' does the division injustice, it should really be re-named Light Heavyweight so as not to be seen as some in-the-middle division when it is totally it's own weight class.
                    You should retract right now cause usyk, gassiev, and briedis are 3 of the top 10 boxers on the planet.

I saw you picked doritocos you new to the sport obviously but don’t make fairweather statements like that..
                    Last edited by A.K; 02-04-2018, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X