Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Manny Pacquiao’s final boxing record end up better or worse than Roy Jones Jr?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Manny Pacquiao’s final boxing record end up better or worse than Roy Jones Jr?

The careers of Roy Jone Jr. and Manny Pacquiao have many similarities.

Roy Jones Jr. started his career as a Light Middleweight, and won titles from Middleweight to Heavyweight. At his peak he was ranked as the #1 P4P fighter in the world and was the BWAA’s Fighter of the Decade for the 1990s. He’s considered an all time great, but continued to fight well past his prime.

Manny Pacquiao started his career as a Flyweight and won titles all the way to Light Middleweight. At his peak he was ranked as the #1 P4P fighter in the world and was the BWAA’s Fighter of the Decade for the 2000s. He considered an all time great, but is continuing to fight well past his prime.

Roy Jones Jr’s Final Boxing Record:

Total fights 75

Wins 66
    Wins by KO 47

Losses 9
    Losses by KO 5

Manny Pacquiao’s current Boxing Record:

Total fights 69

Wins 60
    Wins by KO 39

Losses 7
    Losses by KO 3

Draws 2

------

This isn’t a debate about who had the better opponents, or who has the most impressive accomplishments, or who’s higher on the all time P4P list.

I’m saying that its possible that Manny may end up with the same amount of fights as Roy (75 fights).

Who will end up with the most wins?

Who will end up with the most wins by KO?

Who will end up with the most losses?

Who will end up with the most losses by KO?

Geez I hope he doesn't fight 6 more times but if he has no money, I'm guessing he will.

I can see 2 or 3 more fights tops then a few when he's getting pummeled after he's lost all his speed and his legs are gone.

What happened to Roy was just sad. Getting one punch knocked out by bums is embarrassing when you're a legend like him. Not sure why he kept fighting but I wish he didnt.

Comment

It'll be sad as hell to see him end up with more Ls. I'd like to see him call it a day now.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        It'll be sad as hell to see him end up with more Ls. I'd like to see him call it a day now.
        3 more then retire

Comment

Roy is doing it for fun, not the money. Yes, it’s sad and pathetic seeing him knocked out, but it’s not like he’s being forced to fight. He’s finally inactive now but we’ll see

Comment

Roy jones just became a **** fighter at one point, his recent fights was like some **** journeyman who imitates roy jones, at least pacman has been picking up wins over fringe guys like vargas , bradley and matthyse in his latter years, roy was getting KO'd by enzo mac and fighting fans who win competitions lol so either way, pacquiao has had a much more dignified tail end of his career

Comment

Roy has the wins over Hopkins and Toney. Gonna be hard for Pacquiao to top that...

Comment

Manny's last fights won't be as embarrassing as Roy's...unless he gets a badly KO'd as Roy has been.
                Even so, Roy's been KO'd by nobodies; if Manny gets KO's by Crawford or Lomo that won't be as bad.

Comment

Working...
                X