Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs Castillo appreciation thread: still a hot topic after 14 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll watch it again later or maybe this weekend. Good fight, but it's been a few years since I rewatched it.

Thought Castillo won it when I saw it the first time, had it a draw another time. I never had Floyd winning, but it was close enough to where it's not a robbery no matter who you had winning.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
      Great fight, i scored it a while back. May won 5 out of the first 6 on my card, Castillo had great success the second half but it was a uphill battle for him. A close hard fought win for Mayweather, i'll score it again see what i come up with.
      whenever you got time do that,..we are gonna compare and contrast score cards

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
        After finishing the fight I came up with a final score of 115-111 for Castillo. I thought Castillo won round 8, take away the 1 point for the foul and the round becomes 9-9. Round 9 I have Castillo winning 10-9. Round 10 I had Floyd winning, take away 1 point for the foul and the round becomes 9-9. Round 11 I gave to Castillo 10-9 and round 12 to Castillo 10-9.

A few things about this particular fight.

1. Both men fought a good fight and earned and deserve respect.
        2. The referee was to Involved.
        3 Larry never seems to disappoint with his comments, I particularly like the one where he says "Whatever Is brewing George, I want to see It brew over". These two have had some classic back and forth over the years.
        about to finish the last 9 rounds...mind posting what rounds you scored for who?

Comment

Mayweather got a beat down just shows you that Chavez who was twice the better fighter would have steamed rolled through Floyd. Castillo was Chavez 's sparring partner

Comment

round 4: 10-9 mayweather

thus far: 40-36 Mayweather....Castillo is doing good workk but getting outjabbed and missing a lot of shots, towards the end of the round he is warming up but floyd landed the cleaner shots

fight getting rough but castillo isnt landing enough to win the rounds, nip and tuck gave it to floyd for defense and clean shots

round 5: 10-9 Mayweather

neither are very busy but mayweather has the edge in accuracy and jabs...castillo is digging well to the body...getting caught with counters often, isnt busy enough to edge the round

thus far: 50-45 Mayweather

couldve given round 5 or 3 to castillo....he landed the harder single shots, Mayweather had the edge in clean shots, depends on your preference....just to make things interesting I will end the thread with 2 scores

scorecard 1: 50-45 Mayweather

scorecard 2: 48-47 Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
              Mayweather got a beat down just shows you that Chavez who was twice the better fighter would have steamed rolled through Floyd. Castillo was Chavez 's sparring partner

comments mean nothing if you are not scoring the fight...sorry bro

the fight is nip and tuck and you probably never sat down and watched the entire fight

Castillo stryggled with every good boxer he faced.....frankie randal, taylor, whitaker, ODLH, Tyszu....Chavez didnt have the size, length or jab of castillo

just because a fighter is greater doesnt mean they are better at everything newbie

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                Castillo stryggled with every good boxer he faced.....frankie randal, taylor, whitaker, ODLH, Tyszu.
                Do I remember him putting the beats on Diego Corrales, until the ref slow counted a knockdown and then jumped in the moment Corrales looked at Castillo funny?

Comment

I have my scorecard saved on my app:

1. 10-9 PBF
                  2. 10-9
                  3. 10-9
                  4 10-9
                  5 10-9
                  6 9-10
                  7 9-10
                  8 9-9
                  9 9-10
                  10 9-9
                  11 9-10
                  12 10-9

114-112 PBF

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    about to finish the last 9 rounds...mind posting what rounds you scored for who?
                    Sure, there are rounds that probably could have gone either way but after watching for the first time In many years this Is what I came up with.

Mayweather- Castillo

1 10 9
                    2 10 9
                    3 9 10
                    4 9 10
                    5 10 9
                    6 9 10
                    7 9 10
                    8 9 9
                    9 9 10
                    10 9 9
                    11 9 10
                    12 9 10

Total
                    111 115

Comment

Round 6:10-9 Castillo

He is started to churn...good thudding body shots...decent good slipping shots, effective aggression

Card 1: 59-55 mayweather

Card 2: 57-57 even
                      Last edited by therealpugilist; 02-05-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X