No announcement yet.

Terrence Crawford on Signing with Al-Haymon: "Nope"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    What the Hell are you talking about extortion? Extorted who? So how pray tell do you know that he extorted anyone?
    Do you know what the term cross the street means? It means that you refuse to legally pursue a purse bid and instead are holding the fight hostage as a means to force your opponent to join your side so you can profit off of them. Its definitely extortion. It's criminal. Anti-trust laws would be broken everywhere if this sport were better regulated.

Comment

Crawford isnt brain washed and Crawford is ambitious, so screw signing up with that dodgy guy Haymon. His eyes are open, he sees whats going on at the PBC and he isnt interested in signing up to no freaky cult.

Comment

Originally posted by kraftzman View Post
        See what I meant? This guy just confirms what I said. Thurman, Garcia, Spence want no part of Crawford, yet Terence is told to join Haymon, yet when it comes Jermall, who they claimed is being ducked it's a no no. Look, I don't give a f about Crawford crossing the street, I couldn't care less about that nonsense. He's not my brotha, but why is it so wrong to see Jermall cross the street and avail of the greener pasture at DAZN?
        Last year, GGG was given an option by the WBC for a Final eliminator against Jermall Charlo for another shot at Canelo Alvarez title but Tom Loeffler; Triple G's manager said no thank you. They were not interested.

In addition, Jermall Charlo has been Canelo Alvarez' mandatory for nearly a year now and likewise, Canelo has ducked him at every chance he got and the WBC protected him too by not enforcing its mandatory status. Instead they gave Ginger the Franchise tag so he could avoid Charlo altogether.

So why in the Hell should Jermall Charlo go to DAZN when the two biggest names in the division refuses to fight him?

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
          Champ, you are wrong when you say PBC has all the belts. Matter of fact they are missing 1, and Bud’s got it.
          You know what I mean man!

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            Crawford going to be like Timmeh

At least Timmeh got the pacquiao fight for being at top rank
            If he signs with the PBC he will get Pacquiao. However, if he decides to stay at Top Rank all they have to compensate him with is an excessive amount money to fight none of the big names in the division and for no additional welterweight titles to win.

Comment

Years back when Top Rank used to pull this crap, everyone rightfully sh|t on them for it. Now that the PBC is doing it, a large percentage is saying "Haymon is pulling a power move".

Stay consistent people. No fighter should have to switch promoters just to get a fight. Jermall should not have to do it and neither should Terence.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                Crawford isnt brain washed and Crawford is ambitious, so screw signing up with that dodgy guy Haymon. His eyes are open, he sees whats going on at the PBC and he isnt interested in signing up to no freaky cult.
                You just don't like Al Haymon because he is black.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  You just don't like Al Haymon because he is black.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
                    Do you know what the term cross the street means? It means that you refuse to legally pursue a purse bid and instead are holding the fight hostage as a means to force your opponent to join your side so you can profit off of them. Its definitely extortion. It's criminal. Anti-trust laws would be broken everywhere if this sport were better regulated.
                    Let me ask you a question. Is Terence Bud Crawford ranked among the top 15 contenders in the IBF?

I'll answer it for you; Nope. As a matter of fact, Terence Crawford isn't currently ranked among any of the top 15 fighters of the four major sanctioning bodies.

Therefore, Al Haymon doesn't owe him or Bob Arum shit. If he wants to force a purse bid then he needs to get himself into title contention by becoming a mandatory challenger for Erroll Spence, Jr's IBF title belt.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      Years back when Top Rank used to pull this crap, everyone rightfully sh|t on them for it. Now that the PBC is doing it, a large percentage is saying "Haymon is pulling a power move".

Stay consistent people. No fighter should have to switch promoters just to get a fight. Jermall should not have to do it and neither should Terence.
                      Tribalism.

Comment

Working...
                      X