No announcement yet.

Im thinking about boxing..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im thinking about boxing..

You guys think its to late, I am 20 and I have never really trained at a gym, I have allot of natural talent when it comes to sports so Im thinkin about giving boxing a try, I just feel sometimes theres no point since I am already 20, be 21 in june.

If there is no point in your mind for going for it than you have already lost your first fight........Rockin'

Comment

yeah i kno what ur saying, and I havent lost my fight In my mind I feel like I can do it, just being 20 years old with other things going on Its taking me 4 ever to figure out if i wanna do that or not. Just tryin to see if its worth it, like i kno allot of people start the basic boxing stuff when they are small im already grown and id have to go through that process.

Comment

20 is not late at all... go for it! there are still 30 plus yr old pros and amatuers around!!! ur participation in our great sport will only strengthen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Intentions
          You guys think its to late, I am 20 and I have never really trained at a gym, I have allot of natural talent when it comes to sports so Im thinkin about giving boxing a try, I just feel sometimes theres no point since I am already 20, be 21 in june.
          heck, I'm 28...I started boxing just a couple of months ago. I had a Tai Chi (competitive) background, but this was an entirely different mode for me. So don't worry about starting late or whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Intentions
            I am 24 and thinking about kickboxing. For a while I had the same questions as you did about this. Here it is... George Foreman and Larry Holmes are pushing 60 and still want to fight. Bernard Hopkins is in his 40's, nuff said. Ray Couture of the UFC is around 40. Ken Shamrock is getting up there as well. Amateur boxing will take contestants untill the age of 34. I think that is the same for IKF (Kickboxing), there are also other circuits that just require good physical health, no age requirement. The late Ueshiba founder of Aikido was fighting well into his 80's. Yes it would give you an advantage to have started young. The flipside when young bones are still developing and your weight is constantly changing in other words development goes hand and hand with ability. 20 is the perfect age to start this gives you over a decade to try to go pro if thats what you want. Age plays a part obviously the ideal professional would be about 21-30. With all of the advanced training techniques available including supplements why not make the 30's even 40's strong as well. Hope that helps...

Comment

imo everyone should have a discipline. Boxing, kickboxing whatever. You say your a natural athlete, well you should box and prove it. If you truly want to box you will and if you dont... well its your lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunna
                20 is not late at all... go for it! there are still 30 plus yr old pros and amatuers around!!! ur participation in our great sport will only strengthen it.
                I was 17 beating up on 30 year old accountants and mail men. Don't be in it just to be in it. Train and take the sport seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by asian_sensation
                  I was 17 beating up on 30 year old accountants and mail men. Don't be in it just to be in it. Train and take the sport seriously.
                  the latter part I entirely agree with you....

Comment

Originally posted by dionysusolympus
                    the latter part I entirely agree with you....
                    I agree with the first part, that was fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X