Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why hasn't Deontay Wilder faced the following boxers in his pro career so far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
    In no PARTICULAR order:

1) Kubrat Pulev

2) Bryant Jennings

3) Wladimir Klitschko

4) Vitali Klitschko

5) Mariusz Wach

6) Jarrell Miller

7) Carlos Takam

8) Dillian Whyte

9) Dominic Brezeale

10) Andy Ruiz Jr

11) Tyson Fury

12) Hughie Fury

13) David Haye

14) Dereck Chisora

These are ALL the BEST heavyweight boxers available that were in the top 10 at some point during their careers. They are also the best available heavyweight boxers based on them having the best win/loss ratios out of their career records. Their resume is also the best with all of their opponent's win/loss ratio being the best.

So the excuse that no quality heavyweight exists for Deontay Wilder except 3 or 4 heavyweights to fight against is only that, an excuse, a myth and is totally false!

Even if we exclude the following 3 'drug cheats' who failed drug tests:

1) Alexander Povetkin

2) Luis Ortiz

3) Andrzej Wawrzyk

There are AT LEAST 14 other top quality opponents available for Deontay Wilder to face. What excuse does Wilder have of not facing them? That's right, NOTHING!

If the ABSOLUTE BEST POSSIBLE OPPONENTS like Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury are unavailable. Then he could face the next best available / possible opponents such as the boxers out of the list I mentioned. Instead, Wilder chooses to fight lower ranked opponents with inferior win/loss ratios out of their career records and with inferior resumes.

The only other decent opponents he has faced are:

1) Bermane Stiverne

2) Johan Duhapas

3) Chris Arreola

4) Gerald Washington

Out of the number of bouts he has had, that's a horrible resume / level of opposition he has faced for one of the TOP heavyweights in the world and for a heavyweight champion.

Deontay Wilder has been PROVEN to be a relatively UNPROVEN FRAUD!
    It's funny, I said the same thing about Vitally Klitschko, yet many consider him and ATG.

Why did Vittles never fight these top 10 fighters when they were actually top 10 fighters?

Holyfield
    Grant
    Moorer
    Briggs
    Ibeabuchi
    Tua
    Golota
    Rahman
    Maskeav
    Ruiz
    Oquendo
    McCline
    Toney
    Jones
    Barrett
    Brewster
    Chagaev
    Povetkin
    Ibragimov
    Valuev
    Dimetrenko
    Chambers
    Boystov
    Thompson
    Haye
    Helenius
    Pulev
    Fury

There are 28 top fighters here Vits didn't fight for one reason or another. Why did he skip out on fighting so many of the best?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      He's been the champion for three years. He won the title from the #2 heavyweight in the world. He's had multiple defenses against top opposition canceled through no fault of his own because his opponents were cheating.

The opponents he's chosen for his voluntary defenses have a combined record of 157-9.

He's making a voluntary defense against the most avoided heavyweight in the world, in the highest risk/lowest reward fight possible, for no reason other than personal pride.

He wanted AJ, AJ didn't want him until later in the year. AJ is fighting Parker. The biggest available challenge is King Kong. What's the point on continuing to hate on a guy that's clearly seeking out the biggest challenges?
      You know every one can see through the spin you put on Wilders career, right? I mean everyone besides Wilder fanboys. Its cringey.

Yes he does receive a lot of hate. But there are reasons for this and as boxing fans we can call it as we see it. That you can't acknowledge this just makes you another fanboy and not some deep throat insider spitting truths.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
        You know every one can see through the spin you put on Wilders career, right? I mean everyone besides Wilder fanboys. Its cringey.

Yes he does receive a lot of hate. But there are reasons for this and as boxing fans we can call it as we see it. That you can't acknowledge this just makes you another fanboy and not some deep throat insider spitting truths.
        Maybe he'll ask you to put up 50 G's too duke it out ?

Comment

Wilder has a **** resume but I will give him credit for trying to fight guys and they failed tests.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            Washington had 3 years amateur experience/training on Wilder and that's not counting the foundation he gained boxing as a child or years of actually watching the sport and learning.

Wilder's physical progression is also completely different, he was 200lbs as a pro, it took him over 5 years to reach 220lbs. Washington was physically filled out in his early 20's.

KO ratios:
            Stiverne-72%
            Arreola-70%
            Washington 66%
            Molina-61%
            Duhaupas-58%

Pulev-50%

This is a guy that barely scraped past Chisora and got blown the hell out vs Wlad, Jennings, Fury, AJ did significantly better.

You need power, head movement, speed, something to give Wilder trouble. Pulev has no power, he pulls straight back and keeps his left low. He's not hard to hit at all. To give you an idea where Chisora is at, he was arguably down on the scorecards to Malik Scott before a premature 6th round stoppage.
            Again WATCHING boxing is not boxing .

He has no amateur record or one that is found ,if so it must be a good secret bc he has no record of am fights ,if so post them bc i dont see anything other than playing foot ball,which i again can assure you he wont be doing both .

The biggest thing to trouble Wilder is a jab .

Washingtong is not a power puncher , wouldn't have Pulevs ring IQ to better use distance , all the head movement in the world is useless without knowing when to engage and to nulify someone and this is what Pulevs strong points are working around his superior jab even if you dont like hes wearing down style .

Wilder gaining weight has nothing to do with anything about being at a disadvantage ? Im not even sure what that applies to Washington not having a lot of ring experience but filling out quicker? Makes no sense .

Chisora is also irrelevant as David Haye is the only one to actually dominate him besides Fury . It has no bearing on a 6'5 250 slow paced Pulev fight with Wilder bc Pulev is crafty at smothering opposition, and is better at gauging distance than Washington .

Im not sure how you can rank Washington over him based on his obvious inexperience ,he should have 3 losses and Pulev has only lost to Klitchko. Pulevs K.O % is misleading ,just bc he grinds guys down doesnt mean he cant punch .
            Last edited by juggernaut666; 02-14-2018, 10:12 PM.

Comment

You know every one can see through the spin you put on Wilders career, right?
              If it's just spin, it should have been very easy for you to counter my points. But you couldn't. Easy to label it spin. Harder to prove it. If I wrote anything you disagree with, let's discuss it. Just labeling it spin and refusing to address my points is lazy and cowardly.

Comment

You know every one can see through the spin you put on Wilders career, right?
                If it's just spin, it should have been very easy for you to counter my points. But you couldn't. Easy to label it spin. Harder to prove it. If I wrote anything you disagree with, let's discuss it. Just labeling it spin and refusing to address my points is lazy and cowardly.
                lazy and cowardly.
                DAAAAYUM Bodies, you just got bodied!!

Where's the response man? I'm gonna sit back and enjoy this

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Again WATCHING boxing is not boxing .

He has no amateur record or one that is found ,if so it must be a good secret bc he has no record of am fights ,if so post them bc i dont see anything other than playing foot ball,which i again can assure you he wont be doing both .

The biggest thing to trouble Wilder is a jab .

Washingtong is not a power puncher , wouldn't have Pulevs ring IQ to better use distance , all the head movement in the world is useless without knowing when to engage and to nulify someone and this is what Pulevs strong points are working around his superior jab even if you dont like hes wearing down style .

Wilder gaining weight has nothing to do with anything about being at a disadvantage ? Im not even sure what that applies to Washington not having a lot of ring experience but filling out quicker? Makes no sense .

Chisora is also irrelevant as David Haye is the only one to actually dominate him besides Fury . It has no bearing on a 6'5 250 slow paced Pulev fight with Wilder bc Pulev is crafty at smothering opposition, and is better at gauging distance than Washington .

Im not sure how you can rank Washington over him based on his obvious inexperience ,he should have 3 losses and Pulev has only lost to Klitchko. Pulevs K.O % is misleading ,just bc he grinds guys down doesnt mean he cant punch .
                  Washington had around 14 amateur fights from the time he was 26 to 30. Prior to that he said he boxed a bit as a kid at a local boys and girls club. And watching boxing does go a long way, I picked up things 2x as fast as other newbies did when I joined a gym because of what I'd learned on TV.

Height/Power/Reach bother Wilder, Pulev has none of that.
                  6'4, 79" reach, 50% KO ratio. Duhapaus & Washington are both 6'6, have 83" reaches, and higher KO ratios. They both got blasted out and were the only guys to give Wilder problems with a jab.

Pulev could barely land his jab on Tony Thompson, and when he did they had no power from over reaching. A guy with power would've KO'd Thompson, Pulev proved the opposite of that. Some people even scored that fight 116-112 for Pulev, it was far from a dominating performance.

Pulev's ring IQ? He barely got by Chisora and that's the best win on his resume! Let me give you an idea where Chisora is at. He just lost to a guy with 12 fights, he was down on the scorecards to Malik Scott prior to a premature 6th round stoppage. The last time he was relevant was when he got stopped by Haye and Fury.

Wilder was barely 200lbs for the first few years as a pro, that extra weight he would later gain would help him take a punch, help him improve his strength, help him punch harder. He used to get dropped by guys like Sconiers because he had no weight to stabilize him, weight matters A LOT at heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                    DAAAAYUM Bodies, you just got bodied!!

Where's the response man? I'm gonna sit back and enjoy this
                    Well he is “paid” to post on here (lol)
                    He does have connections with three of the five bodies (apparently)
                    Despite the professionalism required from the above two points he only accuses people of lying once every other post.
                    He only has his head stuck up wilders arse on 96.4% of posts to date.

Anyone but fanboys know wilder needs proper opponents before he can be considered a top heavyweight until then he will only be a fighter with potential who “could” be ; so let’s let these fights happen.

I think the resume thing is proven by one question - what happens if they lose this fight (Joshua vs wilder)?

For Joshua I imagine he rebuilds takes on other fights of decent level and might never be quite as big as he is now, but will undoubtably still be huge in terms of sales and make millions per fight as he does now. He would probably still fight fury, etc.

For wilder everyone will completely dismiss his record as being bums and he will have to work his way up from scratch, he will be avoiding due to his power seen before but not bringing any reward in terms of revenue. His career would quite possibly therefore stagnate and be close to over In terms of big fights.

I think that says all you need to know about the resumes to date, anyone other than wilder fan boys disagree?

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
                      the fact deontay wilder is having his first real fight after 10 years in the sport and 40 opponents says it all really.
                      guy is a fraud and we all know it.

Where was he making all the noise to fight klitschko before fury schooled him? he was quiet as a mouse.
                      AJ opponents get 20 million + and Suddenly Wilder is mouthing off like theres no tomorrow. He and his team are desperate for the cash out payday.
                      Slaying it with this post.

10 years, 40 fights, hasn't done ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X