Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Black Mirror [TV] Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorites are The Entire History of You, San Junipero, and USS Callister.

Hard to pick worse, cause even "bad" Black Mirror is still much better than most programs out there. I guess the Waldo episode as mentioned wasn't all that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
      My favorites:

Fifteen Million Merits (our modern society is somewhat of a watered down and tame version of this)
      Entire History of You
      Nosedive (great theme about social media obsession)
      Shut up and Dance (****ed up surprise ending)
      San Junipero (very heartwarming, time traveling love story between two lesbians)
      Hang the DJ

My least favorite was Metalhead. I liked the action, but the story was too vague and heavily lacking.

There were a few others I didn't like as much, but Metalhead was the only one I remember really disliking.

I don't know why Metalhead gets hate, I personally loved it. It was a frantic episode and suspensefully terrifying throughout. the black and white/arthouse worked really well for me. It almost seemed like an artsy Grindhouse movie in the future. Not much plot besides AI V Human to the death, but still one of my favs for sheer adrenaline.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        I don't know why Metalhead gets hate, I personally loved it. It was a frantic episode and suspensefully terrifying throughout. the black and white/arthouse worked really well for me. It almost seemed like an artsy Grindhouse movie in the future. Not much plot besides AI V Human to the death, but still one of my favs for sheer adrenaline.

I appreciated the action, but that kind of theme isn't the reason why I watch a show like Black Mirror. There's always a twist, surprise ending, or some kind of hidden meaning in every episode. So while Metalhead was still enjoyable, it didn't have any of the elements that I like about the show, other than the technology theme.

It's kind of like a band that puts out a great album, but they'll have that one weird experimental song that people might appreciate regardless, but it doesn't really fit in with the context of the rest of the album. That's pretty much how I felt about that episode.

Comment

Huge fan of Black Mirror. My favs:

The Entire History of You
          White Bear
          Shut Up and Dance
          Hated in the Nation
          Metal Head

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
            My favorites are The Entire History of You, San Junipero, and USS Callister.

Hard to pick worse, cause even "bad" Black Mirror is still much better than most programs out there. I guess the Waldo episode as mentioned wasn't all that good.
            my three favourites too. plus i agree waldo was the worst one although 'arkangel' was pretty weak aswell.

Comment

White Christmas is really good. Definitely see a lot of what's in that episode happening.

Comment

Highlights for me;

Season 1
                Fifteen Million Merits - 8/10. Great episode, taking a dig at reality TV and people who do anything for their 15 minutes.

Entire History Of You - 9/10. One of my favourites.

Season 2
                Be Right Back - 7.5/10. Good concept about AI. Hayley Atwell topless.

White Bear - 7/10. Enjoyable episode for me.

White Christmas - 10/10 - One of the best episodes.

Season 3
                Nosedive - 7/10 - Social media influencing peoples lives. Already see a lot of this in society.

Playtest - 6/10 - VR Gamer episode. Horror elements.

Shut Up And Dance - 9.5/10 - Good twist, one of my faves.

San Junipero - 9/10 - Great concept. Gugu Mbatha-Raw looks amazing. I prefer episodes with bleak endings, but this one ended on a happy(ish) note with mixed feelings for me.

Hated In The Nation - 9/10 Personal fave. Felt like a movie. Interesting story.

Season 4
                Arkangel - 7/10 One for the parents. Especially if you have a daughter.

Crocodile - 8/10 I liked this one which doesn't seem to get a lot of love. Ridiculous ending though.

Black Museum - 8/10 Saw the twist coming, but an enjoyable episode.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  for those who havent seen it, its a complete different story/cast each episode. Just about finished it now, whats peoples opinions on the best and worst episodes?
                  The one where the British prime minister had to eff the swine on public tv to save the girl.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                    The one where the British prime minister had to eff the swine on public tv to save the girl.
                    That's the only episode I've ever watched of it, and I didn't like it at all. I read the second episode and it was about sexual humiliation again, so I decided against giving it more time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sentient A.I. View Post
                      That's the only episode I've ever watched of it, and I didn't like it at all. I read the second episode and it was about sexual humiliation again, so I decided against giving it more time.
                      That one episode was crazy. I had watched a few more after that, and it is really a weird show. I had never really gotten into the show. It was really for millennials. I realize now that many new shows are geared towards millennials.

Comment

Working...
                      X