No announcement yet.

CRAWFORD IS BETTER: Spence Doing the Same thing as GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    GGG vs Brook showed what happens when somebody moves up 2 divisions to to fight a real top P4P talent.

Spence is levels below a prime GGG.
    When Brook saw that Khan could make a Canelo payday, Hearn advised Brook to make some headlines. I'm more than sure Hearn and Brook requested a 155 catch and were denied behind the scenes, then they tried 157 with Hearn offering a deal Loeffler and Abel couldn't refuse.

Now Golovkin at the time was asked but laughed at the Brook matchup, saying that he was a ''clown'' and this his focus was 160. With Hearn continuing to be persistent Abel and Loeffler convinced GGG and HBO that 160 could happen.

If Haymon was able to make Garcia vs Spence, then I don't understand why Mikey didn't request a catchweight. Ballsy, but I guess greats before him attempted the full 147 limit. Even Pac did a 145 with Cotto for good measure.

This all went into the wrong direction, but in all fairness Mikey and Spence are true P4P as is GGG, but Brook is not.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
      When Brook saw that Khan could make a Canelo payday, Hearn advised Brook to make some headlines. I'm more than sure Hearn and Brook requested a 155 catch and were denied behind the scenes, then they tried 157 with Hearn offering a deal Loeffler and Abel couldn't refuse.

Now Golovkin at the time was asked but laughed at the Brook matchup, saying that he was a ''clown'' and this his focus was 160. With Hearn continuing to be persistent Abel and Loeffler convinced GGG and HBO that 160 could happen.

If Haymon was able to make Garcia vs Spence, then I don't understand why Mikey didn't request a catchweight. Ballsy, but I guess greats before him attempted the full 147 limit. Even Pac did a 145 with Cotto for good measure.

This all went into the wrong direction, but in all fairness Mikey and Spence are true P4P as is GGG, but Brook is not.
      In fairness, your last sentence is a valid point. I rated Brook highly, but Mikey has proven himself to be better, P4P, than Kell.

But you shouldn't just invent your own stories about what happened behind the scenes when GGG vs Brook was made. We know why GGG fought Kell. He signed a contract to fight Eubank Jr, at 160, on that show, and when Jr lost his pen, Kell agreed to take his place, on the same terms Jr rejected.

Hearn, Brook, Loeffler, GGG, and Dom Ingle, who was Brook's trainer back then, all said that Kell never requested a catchweight. There is no evidence at all to suggest That they were all lying.

I don't think there would have been any point in Mikey requesting a cathweight from Spence, because Errol is too big to fight below 147.

Comment

Mikey would give Thurman and Crawford more problems lmao. Thurman was almost knocked out by Josesito his last fight. Crawford is going to have his hands full with Khan, just wait.

Comment

Dont bring us into this hoe. *shoves you* Keep your mouth shut or watch a gold rain shower upon you. The steel shining like its fireworks. *flashes glock*

Comment

Diehard Spence fans are overhyping this victory the same way GGG fans needed Canelo to justify the Kazakh’s legacy.

Regardless if Crawford was draining to 135, he made the weight and most likely taken advantage of by Bob Arum. So what, Crawford did what he had to do. Crawford then wins easy fights at 140, then some below level B fighters at 147. Nonetheless, Crawford had to endure his career strategy and is where he is now.

We heard the same thing from GGG fans about nobody wanting to fight him for how many years and whenever yoh mentioned 168 we had accountant shills saying there was no money there.

So Spence settles and acknowledges that he is the boogieman of 147 and is content to stay there instead of fighting his acquaintances at 154.. all by design..

At least Crawford is original. Too bad TC is underpaid
            I am impartial.

Spence setup Garcia with some nifty ass movements.

Spence threw the right cross knowing Garcia would block or avoid it just to setup and throw his left uppercut and connected most times!

He is a smart boxer.

Crawford v Spence would be good.

Spence v Pac-Man is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              In fairness, your last sentence is a valid point. I rated Brook highly, but Mikey has proven himself to be better, P4P, than Kell.

But you shouldn't just invent your own stories about what happened behind the scenes when GGG vs Brook was made. We know why GGG fought Kell. He signed a contract to fight Eubank Jr, at 160, on that show, and when Jr lost his pen, Kell agreed to take his place, on the same terms Jr rejected.

Hearn, Brook, Loeffler, GGG, and Dom Ingle, who was Brook's trainer back then, all said that Kell never requested a catchweight. There is no evidence at all to suggest That they were all lying.

I don't think there would have been any point in Mikey requesting a cathweight from Spence, because Errol is too big to fight below 147.
              Brook requesting a catch with GGG predates news of Eubank vs GGG.

Comment

Jesus you trolls.
                Spence is 29.
                Ggg is 37

They both have wins over a shared opponent except spence was the same size as brooks.

Ggg never even fought a smw.

Comment

Diehard Spence fans are overhyping this victory the same way GGG fans needed Canelo to justify the Kazakh’s legacy.

Regardless if Crawford was draining to 135, he made the weight and most likely taken advantage of by Bob Arum. So what, Crawford did what he had to do. Crawford then wins easy fights at 140, then some below level B fighters at 147. Nonetheless, Crawford had to endure his career strategy and is where he is now.

We heard the same thing from GGG fans about nobody wanting to fight him for how many years and whenever yoh mentioned 168 we had accountant shills saying there was no money there.

So Spence settles and acknowledges that he is the boogieman of 147 and is content to stay there instead of fighting his acquaintances at 154.. all by design..

At least Crawford is original. Too bad TC is underpaid
                  I don't get your obsession with fighters moving up especially when there are big money fights in their division. Spence has Thurman, Crawford and Pac as potential opponents. All could be lucrative fights if promoted properly. They are also the fights that fans want to see. Look what happened to Garcia. His mystique is shot to hell. Brook got destroyed by Golovkin and that started his downslide. Not every fighter has the body frame or natural ability to pack on pounds and be effective. Most guys who move up ate doing it for the money or they can't make weight anymore. Andre Ward came out and flatly said that making 168 was killing him, so he jumped up to LH.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    I've maintained that Spence is number 3 after Thurman and Crawford, and that didn't change.
                    Agree with this, though I need to see how Thurman is after the long layoff

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      I don't get your obsession with fighters moving up especially when there are big money fights in their division. Spence has Thurman, Crawford and Pac as potential opponents. All could be lucrative fights if promoted properly. They are also the fights that fans want to see. Look what happened to Garcia. His mystique is shot to hell. Brook got destroyed by Golovkin and that started his downslide. Not every fighter has the body frame or natural ability to pack on pounds and be effective. Most guys who move up ate doing it for the money or they can't make weight anymore. Andre Ward came out and flatly said that making 168 was killing him, so he jumped up to LH.
                      Tony ge back in with the ward left 168. The whole pt is ggg had a chance to be atg by fighting ward but he didn't.
                      He had to call up Canelo to 160.
                      Sorry ggg didn't beat Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X