Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Foreman on Andy Ruiz's Weight: He's Blown It, Really!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... sure... in fact, Andy came at 235 lb, but he wore a 50 lb hat, tbh...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL9kNvtdrNM

Comment

Originally posted by the secret View Post
      I find it comical that random guys from the internet try to criticize Foreman, a very successful, professional boxing champion. Who speaks from experience!
      Big George is one of my favorites in and out of the ring. A money maker, no scandals, no madness. He named his kids George, so he'd never forget them if he got dementia from boxing. Dementia? He's a marketing genius. He never took any savage beatings, I think his brains are fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        Big George is one of my favorites in and out of the ring. A money maker, no scandals, no madness. He named his kids George, so he'd never forget them if he got dementia from boxing. Dementia? He's a marketing genius. He never took any savage beatings, I think his brains are fine.
        Ex-Zachary!

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
          To me this is clearly all planned, ruiz is gonna lose this one and then blame it on the weight and the way he was living after the victory. Then they gonna make a 3rd fight happen but this time ruiz will shed all the weight and this time they promise us to give us a better fight, and it's perfect..joshua get's to fight him a 3rd time and has the best excuse to avoid real heavyweights in wilder and fury, fkn rubbish
          You really got this on spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
            LOL Andy fooled you clowns again, he had on a heavy a sombrero with silver embroidering, gold rings on his fingers, sweat pants, tanktop and probably his cell phone in his pocket LOL. Don't worry it will be a shock like the 1st fight when Andy knocks out AJ again.
            Why did you post your miscue twice? Big George nailed it as he usually does. El Blimpo Ruiz gave himself zero chance to win... proved he isn't champion material. Just a lucky punch that concussed AJ, as has been said many times. He'll win most fights from here on out, but he'll never beat Joshua or Wilder or Fury or Usyk. And BTW, I certainly hope there's no third fight. No reason for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bytesant View Post
              You really got this on spot on.
              Of course I was right and now I'm reading ruiz said that he didn't prepare as good as he should and that he gained too much weight? Is he serious? He was eating pizza hours before the fight, he didn't give a fu** about this fight

Comment

Funny because Foreman was SPOT ON with his prediction.
                Sometimes young fans who were never pro boxers should listen to HOF'ers who forgot more about boxing than most people will ever know.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
                  LOL Andy fooled you clowns again, he had on a heavy a sombrero with silver embroidering, gold rings on his fingers sweats chain top and probably his cell phone in his pocket LOL. Don't worry it will be a shock like the 1st fight when Andy knocks out AJ again.
                  Who's the clown now holmes?

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
                    Funny because Foreman was SPOT ON with his prediction.
                    Sometimes young fans who were never pro boxers should listen to HOF'ers who forgot more about boxing than most people will ever know.
                    Right. My brother texted me this morning to say Foreman had sum thoughtful things to say. I always enjoyed his commentary. Sometimes he would contradict himself though? But I think his “win today, look good tomorrow” was the advice AJ followed. I think I’ve heard George mention he’d sometimes cut weight for weighins and then go eat steak and potatoes after. Steak, a lean protein not really a meal to put water/weight back on. But there’s iron etc. Don’t remember hearing why he’d cut weight at heavy either. Maybe I’m making all this up. I think all fighters should have to weigh in just before they get in the ring. Also I don’t understand how any commission allows fighters to weigh in with extra paraphernalia or clothes on. I mean if an opponent for the MW title weighed in at 135lbs would they allow the fight? If he carried a cinderbkock would that then be fine and his official weight? Lots of money is bet on these fights, how is the public allowed to be denied accurate weights?

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                      Right. My brother texted me this morning to say Foreman had sum thoughtful things to say. I always enjoyed his commentary. Sometimes he would contradict himself though? But I think his “win today, look good tomorrow” was the advice AJ followed. I think I’ve heard George mention he’d sometimes cut weight for weighins and then go eat steak and potatoes after. Steak, a lean protein not really a meal to put water/weight back on. But there’s iron etc. Don’t remember hearing why he’d cut weight at heavy either. Maybe I’m making all this up. I think all fighters should have to weigh in just before they get in the ring. Also I don’t understand how any commission allows fighters to weigh in with extra paraphernalia or clothes on. I mean if an opponent for the MW title weighed in at 135lbs would they allow the fight? If he carried a cinderbkock would that then be fine and his official weight? Lots of money is bet on these fights, how is the public allowed to be denied accurate weights?
                      Because it's only relevant to the fighter at heavyweight. There is no weight limit. You don't need to know his exact weight to know that he was overweight. You could see it in the ring. What difference would it make if the public knew Ruiz's exact weight going into the fight? None at all. Our knowledge of Ruiz's exact weight would not change the outcome. It's not the same as every other weight class where you have to come in under or on the limit.

Comment

Working...
                      X