No announcement yet.

how long to run

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long to run

on a average how far or if you run for time how long do you run/jog for and how often?

Originally posted by lil rocky
    on a average how far or if you run for time how long do you run/jog for and how often?
    I've come to realize that playing basketball is a better all around fat burning excercise but it tones down your muscles so you wont get big. The bike is also very good because it builds leg muscles and burns fat at same time. I'm also now having ankle problems so this is a good substitute for running. Otherwise 10 min X 2 on the treadmill works fine with about 5-8 minute break in between.

Comment

Originally posted by lil rocky
      I try to run at least 2.5 miles a day at about 18 minute pace. After that sometimes i do 20 minutes of sprints: Jog for a minute, sprint for a minute, jog for a minute, sprint for a minute, etc..10 times each. This is a good way to run because your combining long distance and sprints. Make sure your hydrating yourself with water or gatorade while doing this..

Comment

20 minute run everyday. At a pace which makes me puffing, but not hurting too bad.

Comment

on average i would run about 6.4 miles at 47 minutes- however i include some big hill climbs in this. today i did 7.3 miles in 55 mins- but it's the first time i have gone over 7 so i regard this as a slow time.

Comment

i do a mile for each round ill be in the ring , so its 3 miles , well probs a tad more , i run this every nyt im not training , i sometyms take a day of now and again

Comment

Originally posted by enadeus
              I've come to realize that playing basketball is a better all around fat burning excercise but it tones down your muscles so you wont get big. The bike is also very good because it builds leg muscles and burns fat at same time. I'm also now having ankle problems so this is a good substitute for running. Otherwise 10 min X 2 on the treadmill works fine with about 5-8 minute break in between.
              Good I have been playing ball twice a week......about four full court games roughly 2 and a half hours.I also have been running 2 miles twice a week only because thats as far as I can go without falling over and dying.I don't box but am just trying to get rid of my beer gut and feel more healthy.

Comment

Go to a track at a highschool. Loosen up and such and then get to the starting line. Sprint as hard as you can to the beginning of the turn and then walk the turn. When you reach the end of the turn start sprinting again. Get to the turn and walk. Repeat as much as you can, if you can roll like that hard for 10 minutes than you will be more than prepared for an amatuer bout.

The long distance running is for long term endurance like the pros need. Amatuers are about explosive and shorter time endurance. Do these and youll be good.

Rockin'

Comment

Good stuff Rockin but I've heard from some people who've told me they feel drained and weakened from doing sprint work more than 3-4 times a week. You may want to alternate between roadwork of 3-6 miles and sprinting to mix it up, even for amateur fights.

Comment

Good point Kid, you always have them. I would recommend alternating sprints with distance running 6 days per week, sunday everybody rests. However, I would just run 2 miles for amatuer bouts, that will be plenty. Hilmer Kenty, the former Lightweight champ told me that during his reign he ran only 2 to 3 miles a day. And he was a 15 round fighter. Most of the work you will need will be achieved in the gym

Kid Achilles, the man, the myth, the legend.

Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X