Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, how do you beat up these Kung Fu guys?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, how do you beat up these Kung Fu guys?

LOL!

The fight still happening?

Comment

what kung fu guys? you mean the karate expert and the kid who is looking very awkward with his taekwondo?

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
        what kung fu guys? you mean the karate expert and the kid who is looking very awkward with his taekwondo?
        Yes, both those guys.

Comment

LMAO. That first video is great....wait, they both are. I thought the guy in the first video was going to turn green and get all buck on that guy, but nope he got knocked the f@#k out instead. With the secound guy I would have thrown a couple of shots upstairs, and then a swift kick to the jewels. Great stuff.

Comment

well first the first video:

that guy is what? a blackbelt. he might be tricky because it looks like he has practiced for at least a few years. my guess is that he has no less than 5 years under his belt. he seemed pretty relaxed. his strike didn't look too powerfull, but he knew how to use it and that made the difference. usually karate guys, and i practiced karate when i was 6 years old, are more straight line orientated. so, quick, short circles and spirals into his structure ought to make him feel really uncomfortable. usually, i see karate done way too stiff. this guy didn't seem super stiff though. and i would say he is used to sparring by the casualness of his body language.

second video:

makes me laugh everytime. this is a great video to show people how to look stupid in public with your art of choice. this kids movements are useless. i can't imagine that he was taught to pose like that in a real fight situation. it looks like he has either seen one too many jet li or bruce lee movies or is auditioning for a madonna video. and why the **** is he walking around like he stepped in dog **** and is trying not to get it on mommy's carpet?

the fight, if u want to call it that, is basically him(the vogue master in red shirt) getting lucky and catching the wannabe gansgster kid with a nicely relaxed swing punch at the right time. neither kids in this video have skills that would scare a novice street fighter even.
            Last edited by j; 07-20-2008, 12:54 PM.

Comment

this is what the "real" **** looks like. he is my teachers kung fu brother.

Comment

well first the first video:

that guy is what? a blackbelt. he might be tricky because it looks like he has practiced for at least a few years. my guess is that he has no less than 5 years under his belt. he seemed pretty relaxed. his strike didn't look too powerfull, but he knew how to use it and that made the difference. usually karate guys, and i practiced karate when i was 6 years old, are more straight line orientated. so, quick, short circles and spirals into his structure ought to make him feel really uncomfortable. usually, i see karate done way too stiff. this guy didn't seem super stiff though. and i would say he is used to sparring by the casualness of his body language.

second video:

makes me laugh everytime. this is a great video to show people how to look stupid in public with your art of choice. this kids movements are useless. i can't imagine that he was taught to pose like that in a real fight situation. it looks like he has either seen one too many jet li or bruce lee movies or is auditioning for a madonna video. and why the **** is he walking around like he stepped in dog **** and is trying not to get it on mommy's carpet?

the fight, if u want to call it that, is basically him(the vogue master in red shirt) getting lucky and catching the wannabe gansgster kid with a nicely relaxed swing punch at the right time. neither kids in this video have skills that would scare a novice street fighter even.
                So, I have a better chance at beating the guy in the red. Could a boxer beat the guy in the white shirt up?

Comment

this is what the "real" **** looks like. he is my teachers kung fu brother.

You mean you really know that guy?

Btw did Bruce Lee really know his ****, or was he just a bodybuilder who knew the basics?

Comment

Originally posted by RichLoc View Post
                    So, I have a better chance at beating the guy in the red. Could a boxer beat the guy in the white shirt up?
                    it really depends on who is fighting who and what kind of day you are having. you know, you are not on top of your game everyday.

i don't think i know your age, your size, or your history, but i would still say you could probably put mr vogue to sleep based on that video.

sure, a boxer might be able to beat up the karate guy in the white shirt. it all depends. martial arts aren't a end all to every violent situation. it depends on the person, the opponent, and what kind of day everyone is having.

but martial artists, ones who train with contact sparring, have a lot more weapons at their disposal and are more comfortable using **** that a boxer may have no idea how to defend against. besides cherry picking many of their first round fights, the gracies became popular and successful because many people didn't know what moves bjj had or how to defend against it. it is the same idea as you being prepared for a knife fight when your opponent suddenly brings out a baseball bat. you would not be ready to defend against it.

Comment

Working...
                    X